Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    ......being a fan of Lemmy Kilmister.....
    Ha ha! Forgot to add I used to see Lemmy quite often for a spell on his frequent trips back and forth across the Channel to gigs, this was despite him apparently living in the USA at the time? No matter what the sea could throw at us he used to while away his time playing the fruit machines on board. His hat always made him easy to spot!
    Last edited by K9F; 10-20-2017 at 10:38 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Hey nice one Dod and K9F, this book's right up my street I'm currently reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu, you've been rumbled, I know some of the best deceptions are the most obvious I need to read The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling next, then I should be ready to read American Iron Magazine Presents 1001 Harley-Davidson Facts, just in time for the New Year. Does anyone do book reviews or do you have a section for book recommendations on this website?

Anyway, it's been a great start joining this forum. Thanks again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

Dod (10-20-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Hey nice one Dod and K9F, this book's right up my street I'm currently reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu, you've been rumbled, I know some of the best deceptions are the most obvious I need to read The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling next, then I should be ready to read American Iron Magazine Presents 1001 Harley-Davidson Facts, just in time for the New Year. Does anyone do book reviews or do you have a section for book recommendations on this website?

Anyway, it's been a great start joining this forum. Thanks again.
    We have been rumbled???deceptions???obvious????

Your reading too much of his stuff fella....

Appear strong when you are weak and weak when you are strong...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    1991 Harley-Davidson fxlr low rider
    Mate I passed my test in April at the ripe old age of 49.
    I'd done motocross for fun, but I love the road and went out and bought a Suzuki 600gsxr which I really enjoyed and still ride.
    I've got a 1991 fxlr low rider now and I bloody love that !
    The problem is I can't get enough of bikes and could if I had the money buy another coupe of bikes.
    I so wish I'd been into bikes years ago, but kids and all that take priority as we well know.

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    We have been rumbled???deceptions???obvious????

Your reading too much of his stuff fella....

Appear strong when you are weak and weak when you are strong...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi, sorry it was in reference to K9F saying "Mum's the word. However I think we may be busted", after you posted about keeping quiet about the content of the preview, which only contained half of the book. I'm gonna buy the full book, I don't really absorb as much information from a computer screen as I do a book.

"After the battle, tighten your helmet straps"
    Last edited by Face; 05-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Hi The Bishop, I've never even heard of a fxlr low rider before, thanks for introducing me to this motorcycle. I'm not into the Gixa or any sports bike for that matter. But each to their own etc. I've done crossers as a kid but drifted out into other things.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Hi, sorry....... I must work on my sense of humour.......

No need to apologise or work at anything, I got where you were coming from as I am sure Dod did. ('Dod did' sounds like something from 'Knotty Ash.' Showing my age there.)

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    1991 Harley-Davidson fxlr low rider
    Hi The Bishop, I've never even heard of a fxlr low rider before, thanks for introducing me to this motorcycle. I'm not into the Gixa or any sports bike for that matter. But each to their own etc. I've done crossers as a kid but drifted out into other things.
    It seems that a lot of the people on this forum run newish bikes - I stumbled on this bike and it fits me like a glove, I haven't tried any others so don't really have an opinion on the new stuff.

My Ride
    Dyna Superglide
    Never ridden a Gladius, but I am a fan of sportsters. Only answer I have is, I ACF-50 my bike if it simply looks at me wrong. I never put her up wet. Always wipe her down.
    I do it because I enjoy looking after the bike as much as I enjoy riding it. The thing is basically all metal. Take care of it, and it'll take care of you.

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Quote Originally Posted by reindeer View Post
    Never ridden a Gladius, but I am a fan of sportsters. Only answer I have is, I ACF-50 my bike if it simply looks at me wrong. I never put her up wet. Always wipe her down.
    I do it because I enjoy looking after the bike as much as I enjoy riding it. The thing is basically all metal. Take care of it, and it'll take care of you.

Cheers reindeer, your post seems to confirm my hunch that these bike have actually got a soul. My garage should be ready to give a Harley a home next year. Done the painting, fitted solar lights, secured the door and sealed the gaps. I just need to fit rubber floor mats and I'll have my own piece of paradise on earth. Do you wipe her down with a microfiber cloth? How do you clean before she goes in the garage. Is it a sponge job, dry then in the garage?

The Sportster is the sensible choice for me. I could probably wait and save up for a Fat Bob, but I'm getting bored with the Gladius and can't wait that long. The 883 is starting to tempt me, but I'm concerned that it may lack the power to suit my needs.