My Ride
    Dyna Superglide

Just riding about and BSing in traffic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reindeer For This Useful Post:

K9F (10-12-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Hi Reindeer, I did stick with the clip and thank you! It made me appreciate that living on the South Coast maybe my roads aren't so clogged up after all and I shouldn't perhaps complain so much? M50?....It was more like a car park than a motorway! Was interested in the narrative but even at full volume it was difficult to discern what you were saying.

I never used to lane split at all but such is the volume of traffic nowadays it is also a trait I have adopted when riding solo, but not 100% sure of the legality of it? Needless to say it is carried out with extreme caution especially where slip roads are involved and I never do it with my daughter on the back....precious cargo!

Thanks for posting/sharing!
    Last edited by K9F; 10-12-2017 at 10:19 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Dyna Superglide
    I'd likely need a new helmet to be understood - this one fits so tight, I look like a chipmonk with it on. Hard to speak that way.

This version may be a bit more understandable tho(complete with 'leg kick' greeting at the start):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1_yA4HKflg
    Last edited by reindeer; 10-12-2017 at 06:20 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reindeer For This Useful Post:

K9F (10-12-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Hi Reindeer,

Much, much better thank you. Still made me wince a bit taking the final bend at the end!

Was interested in your 'Wisconsin Map!' Not sure how it works but historically with vehicles I have downloaded my and map sent it off via e-mail, and they then strip it down replacing certain elements with their map and send it back to you for uploading? Bit like a Trojan Horse? I presume yours was a similar procedure?
    Last edited by K9F; 10-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Dyna Superglide
    Every time I was perusing the Harley forums stateside, or even speaking to other Harley owners there, they all agreed to go with these guys:

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/

They have a lot of experience with making Harleys run. If you buy the dunojet PCV from them, you have life time map support, and they pre-install a map to your specs(derived from years of dynoing bikes like yours). Since it costs nearly the same even witht he import duties, I went ahead and ordered off their site.

As for the bend - this dyna has a stock ride height and halfway decent suspension. I haven't even scraped pegs yet since I got it. With the FM derived map, it's very easy to match gears even down to first. It doesn't allow the ECM to just 'drop' rpms on you. It's much more gradual. So blipping the throttle needn't be perfectly timed.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Hi Reindeer, I did stick with the clip and thank you! It made me appreciate that living on the South Coast maybe my roads aren't so clogged up after all and I shouldn't perhaps complain so much? M50?....It was more like a car park than a motorway! Was interested in the narrative but even at full volume it was difficult to discern what you were saying.

I never used to lane split at all but such is the volume of traffic nowadays it is also a trait I have adopted when riding solo, but not 100% sure of the legality of it? Needless to say it is carried out with extreme caution especially where slip roads are involved and I never do it with my daughter on the back....precious cargo!

Thanks for posting/sharing!
    Lane splitting is entirely legal. It's something I do with care as I still walk with a limp following my foot getting crushed when some one turned into me. Took me a while to get back into it, now it's like second nature. Not a lot of need to in Fife, but really handy on the new car park over the forth (queensferry crossing)
    FTW )

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

K9F (10-12-2017), reindeer (10-12-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thanks for clearing up the lane splitting Whistler!

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    No worries
    FTW )