Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Is the problem water into the back or through the top, should it be something that gets attention to avoid this ??

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Why is it the LED apparently can't be replaced? I have had to change failed LEDs on many things - the main issue being getting the right one (and connecting it the right way round).

I normally use a company near me called Rapid Electronics as they have a huge range of LEDs which aren't costly.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Either way it being a 'known issue' out of warranty or not a compromise may be able to be brokered perhaps?
    Fat chance if it is out of warranty, I'll guess - my 2007 (and some other years) has a known issue in which water gets onto the wiring under the tank; then runs down the wiring shrouds all the way down to the back of the fusebox, where it creates a discharge between some contacts and shags the battery out.

HD ignored the problem with machines that had been sold other than to suggest waterproof / heatproof 'grease' - then they revised the later model fusebox and wiring from 2008 on, I think.