Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

2016 Iron 883 Dash Panel Lights Issue

XL883N.jpg

My left indicator light in the dash panel doesn't light up when I indicate. The indicator lamp itself is fine. The problem is the green indicator light on the dash panel. has anyone had this and solved it themselves? does anyone know the part number I need?

Thanks!

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    These lights have a history of moisture ingress issues and the individual LED cannot be replaced it is a whole unit. There is a thread on here somewhere about it. The cost is quite eye-watering if memory serves?

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

London-Iron-883 (09-25-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    I've had a look through the threads, but only see people discussing taking it to be sorted through warranty. Unfortunately, my warranty is over. So I'm trying to hunt down the part number so I can order one in.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Two possible options from where I am sat.....

Replace like for like using part number 8811-04A which costs ballpark £240 in the UK.

Retrofit if possible the old incandescent filament type so if a bulb blows you can replace it individually unlike the LEDs.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Hmm...I just had a HD dealer in the UK tell me to order 69200080.....

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    This is a minefield......Your bike being a 2016 Iron this should be a warranty issue surely? Let them sort it if it is!

If you have LEDs you need to determine if the part number provided is just a length of harness or does it include the LEDs?

Part number 68812-04 is 'WIRE HARNESS, INSTRUMENT' at a cost of £106:84 from Jersey Harley-Davidson this is the incandescent bulb type and I am unsure with CANBUS if you can retrofit this type. I doubt it without further investigation and fitting this will certainly negate any remaining warranty.

Part number 68813-04A is 'WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY, INSTRUMENT' at a cost of £192:12 from Jersey Harley-Davidson this is the LED type.

The one your dealer recommends is 'WIRE HARNESS INSTRUMENT' at a cost of £43:14 from Jersey Harley-Davidson.

The number I posted earlier was missing a 6 (apologies) the part number is 68811-04A is 'WIRE HARNESS INSTRUMENT' at a cost of £192:12 from Jersey Harley-Davidson this is also the LED type.

All the above are Iron listed parts.

As there are no images whatsoever with any of these part numbers I would ask the dealer what exactly you get for your money? Namely do you get the LEDs or simply just go with what your dealer recommends and hope the issue is resolved? If not, you'll just be throwing money away at a problem they themselves should be sorting. The information I have provided has been from Iron owners that have had the issue historically whereupon LEDs have failed to operate due to moisture ingress.
    Last edited by K9F; 09-25-2017 at 06:39 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

London-Iron-883 (09-26-2017)

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Warranty will still apply, I've a 16 Iron and its still covered.
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Warranty will still apply, I've a 16 Iron and its still covered.
    Hi Whistler OP did state his warranty is over which is perhaps a little puzzling unless of course it was an MY16 model bought in or before early September 2015? If his issue lies with a failed LED I do know they cannot normally be swapped out individually. Nevertheless being an electrical engineer and given the cost of a whole assembly I would give an LED swap a damn good go at the cost of a few pence for the correct rated LED and a bit of time and patience perhaps?

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Hi Whistler OP did state his warranty is over which is perhaps a little puzzling unless of course it was an MY16 model bought in or before early September 2015? If his issue lies with a failed LED I do know they cannot normally be swapped out individually. Nevertheless being an electrical engineer and given the cost of a whole assembly I would give an LED swap a damn good go at the cost of a few pence for the correct rated LED and a bit of time and patience perhaps?
    Hadn't considered it being a 2015 (16) model.
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Either way it being a 'known issue' out of warranty or not a compromise may be able to be brokered perhaps?