My Ride
    Harley-Davidson - 2012 Fat Boy Custom

2012,Fat Boy - Wind Deflector

Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying the National Cycle Switchblade Wind Deflector for my Fat Boy https://www.customcruisers.com/conte...y-1990-up.html - has anyone got one of these fitted to their bike and if so how well does it perform at keeping the wind off your chest etc - it's not cheap but I like the low screen look - any feedback would be helpful - thanks

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    I'm not one for windshields on my bikes, but having ridden other bikes in past with a similar size and shape to the custom cruisers one, it'll probably be fine for what you need. Custom cruisers stock s usually good quality kit.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson - 2012 Fat Boy Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I'm not one for windshields on my bikes, but having ridden other bikes in past with a similar size and shape to the custom cruisers one, it'll probably be fine for what you need. Custom cruisers stock s usually good quality kit.
    Thanks for that Whistler - I really notice the wind buffering from traffic in front at around 60+ which makes the bike move a bit - I guess it's just getting back into Harley riding which I'm enjoying - however I thought a small sports type screen may help smooth it out a bit

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by willmo View Post
    Thanks for that Whistler - I really notice the wind buffering from traffic in front at around 60+ which makes the bike move a bit - I guess it's just getting back into Harley riding which I'm enjoying - however I thought a small sports type screen may help smooth it out a bit
    A small screen will certainly deflect enough of the wind to maintain a higher cruising speed. I don't like screens for that reason. On my iron I can cruise at 70-75mph, depending on head wind, I tend to cruise at a speed that's comfortable, slowing down when it's not. My secret to living longer (I hope )
    FTW )