Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    ...... He can't speak highly enough about it but agrees that the styling will put a lot of people off the new range.......The main points he got across though were that there's practically nothing remaining in the DNA of the new bikes, shared with the old......... As good as they're reported to be (and I have no doubt that they're very good), the styling simply doesn't do it for me........
    Am very interested Buckhornbud to hear your experiences and opinions after your test ride. The Fat Bob will be my bike of choice for a test ride. With all the talk of styling and DNA in comparison to old and new it still after all this time looks and sounds like a Harley to me in both DNA and style! Evolve or die springs to mind, not everyone's cup of tea as mentioned but great to see that some originality obviously still exists in the styling especially.

It also looks like this Softail monoshock idea may actually be infectious?

Last edited by K9F; 09-08-2017 at 07:04 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Must admit, I do like the fat Bob but this is the only image of one I've seen:

fat-bob-thumb.jpg

I think that image you've posted is of the all new Heritage Classic which I also like.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Must admit, I do like the fat Bob but this is the only image of one I've seen:.
    'Elliot' in the good old USA is already riding his, having bought the first one in San Antonio. Think I would go for the 114 lump too? His view is as follows:

"I bought a Fat Boy last week, test drove the 2018 Fat Bob this week. Traded my Fat Boy and a brand new Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe at a $3000 loss for the Bob. I feel bad that other HD riders can't have as much fun as they could on the Bob! Really though, this thing is a beast, I never would have thought I would pay $25k OTD for a bike.. This machine is excellence, brilliant, exhilarating, masterful, and safe! Bike of the year in my eyes for sure."

Last edited by K9F; 09-08-2017 at 07:28 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Must admit, I do like the fat Bob but this is the only image of one I've seen:

fat-bob-thumb.jpg

I think that image you've posted is of the all new Heritage Classic which I also like.
    Think it looks like a vmax more than a harley. But as said it'll probably be a good bike.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Am very interested Buckhornbud to hear your experiences and opinions after your test ride. The Fat Bob will be my bike of choice for a test ride. With all the talk of styling and DNA in comparison to old and new it still after all this time looks and sounds like a Harley to me in both DNA and style! Evolve or die springs to mind, not everyone's cup of tea as mentioned but great to see that some originality obviously still exists in the styling especially.

It also looks like this Softail monoshock idea may actually be infectious?

Now the Panheads what you call a harley. That's timeless. I rode a mono shock bike for over 20 yrs, handled fine, great bike, but my preference will always be for twin shocks.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Well, in the interests of impartiality, I have just come off the phone with Harley and have arranged a test ride on the new Street Bob as soon as their demo model comes in which will be next month. The dealer has ridden one and reckons that he was keeping up with bimmers and Dukes on a ride out. He can't speak highly enough about it but agrees that the styling will put a lot of people off the new range.

The main points he got across though were that there's practically nothing remaining in the DNA of the new bikes, shared with the old. It is the very first time that Harley have produced an entire range from the ground-up using CAD designed frames, engines and even the seats are all new (and gel padded!). As good as they're reported to be (and I have no doubt that they're very good), the styling simply doesn't do it for me. Perhaps it will grow on me in time but for now, I can't see myself changing the Sporty.
    Be interesting to hear how you get on. The street Bob is ok looking, but I prefer the original.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Bagger - Street Glide Rushmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Think it looks like a vmax more than a harley. But as said it'll probably be a good bike.
    It’s a Ducati. Or as close as you’ll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    It’s a Ducati. Or as close as you’ll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I can see a bit of monster in the styling.
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    I'm not surprised the seat has such a prominent curve, the 110 is bad enough trying to keep your arse in the saddle when being perhaps a little over-zealous with the throttle. As for it looking like a Ducati before arriving and committing to Harley-Davidson in Dock Gate 20 on the very same day I had visited Winchester Ducati in my hunt for a bike and for due consideration. The fact for me that it looks like a Ducati and badged as a Harley-Davidson is probably why it draws me so much. I won't be buying one but I think Harley-Davidson having recently bought Ducati there will be more styling changes leaning more towards Ducati akin to those the 2018 Fat Bob exhibit now. Interesting times ahead.

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Now there's something I was unaware of....Harley have bought Ducati out? I'm surprised as Ducati had very much reversed their fortunes in recent years with some great bikes after some poor decisions on their model development cost them dear a decade or so ago. Come to think of it, that fat Bob does have more than its fair share of Ducati influence about it! (so much for a ground up brand new, never seen before CAD designed frame and bike etc etc). This is the sort of thing I was expecting in Harley's chase for more sales...that they would chase other marques for styling and sort of lose a bit of their own identity. Yes, the new Heritage Softail manages that transition very well indeed, just not so sure that the Fat Bob does, even though I still like it.