Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson street bob

Bassani v Vance&Hines

Hi, new to the forum and would be interested if anyone has any experience with Bassani firesweep exhaust...?

Are they any good ? and are the any quieter than Vance&Hines short shots on a Dyna with stage1

Cheers

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Very unlikely due to the limited numbers on here that you'll get much if any feedback whatsoever on Bassani pipes? Nevertheless if you care to travel across the pond to the USA forum there are loads of reviews. Here's a few I found earlier. Usually what people own they profess to be the best, not in all cases it seems!

A lot of people like Bassani but I put the Bassani Road Rage on my Dyna, I didn't like it at all. Didn't fit right didn't care for the sound. The ful sac header with the Kuryakyn Crusher makes good numbers and will be my next exhaust.
    It's your money so get what you like.

Mine came with a Bassani pipe on it. Looked good but the sound sucks IMO. It was just loud. Removed it, hung it on the Bad Idea Wall and put stock back on for now.

I've got V&H Staggered Straight Shots with some Big City Thunder-Thunder Monster baffles and the sound is deep and throaty, no backfiring, no popping on decel and plenty of power. I rode with a guy in Daytona this year that had a set of Bassani Sweepers on his CVO Breakout and they looked and sounded awesome. Only down side is they kick up lot's of dust in campgrounds and off pavement. If I ever change out mine I'll get the Sweepers.

I just purchased Bassani Firesweep exhaust 2 weeks ago from Revzilla. They look and sound amazing. I followed the instructions perfectly and even "cured" the pipes by starting the bike for 1 min then cooling, 4x before a long ride. Wiped them down completey with microfiber cloth so no marks.

It has been a few weeks and 200 miles later.... Where my boot hit the exhaust while riding... There is "pitting" already and marks in the chrome that will not come off. It's the size of a silver dollar easy....

I feel that the exhaust shouldn't be bubbling/pitting like that already and curious of your guys opinions. I contacted Bassani today and waiting to hear back. My vance and hines didn't have these issues after 2-3k miles on them.

Just super disappointing after spending a ton of cash on them and they look crappy...
    Last edited by K9F; 09-07-2017 at 10:10 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Hey. K9F, thanks for the info. Seems like they won't be any quieter than the Vance&Hines, but I do like the look of the fire sweeps in chrome on an all black bike. I have contacted Vance&Hines to see if they do an even quieter baffle than the quiet ones. I may even modify those already fitted. I'll let you know. Must be loads of people that have these pipes that just want to knock it down a few decibels.
    Cheers��

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    You're welcome. A few decibel reduction is all they'll achieve. What I can state is that on average all the aftermarket baffles will only give you an approximate 6 decibel reduction. Some are ill-fitting and protrude slightly at the end of the pipes. To be perfectly honest IMHO save your money and just stick with the pipes as they come. The neighbours if you're worried about them will not thank you for the very slight reduction the baffles offer anyway.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Just had this sent through from Vance&Hines. Has anyone tried these...? The reviews sound promising..!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...etric#skus_tab
    Last edited by Ricspa; 09-08-2017 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    The review regarding them being too restrictive and the associated overheating issues don't appeal to me much especially having a stage tuned bike. Even with the normal quiet baffles that give a 3-5 decibel reduction it amazes me how the people go into raptures how great they are? An approximate 3-5% reduction is never going to be that discernible or worth singing about from the rooftops. Save your money is the best bet and spend it on something worthwhile. ****Be careful when ordering as you may find price advertised is for a single baffle not a pair as others have discovered! ****
    Last edited by K9F; 09-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.

My Ride
    Dyna Superglide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricspa View Post
    Just had this sent through from Vance&Hines. Has anyone tried these...? The reviews sound promising..!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...etric#skus_tab
    I have these on my Stage 1 tuned Dyna FXDCi. I just got sick of the standard V&H Staggered Shortys shouting all the time and farting up the place. They will cause your motor to run a touch richer, which usually means the engine runs cooler rather than more hot unless it's something like a stage 2 or 3 with cams etc. Then you would likely be choking the engine a touch. Even so, I doubt in the usual UK weather that heat would be a problem with short shots unless you do a lot of traffic runs and prefer not to filter. I mean, 2 foot of pipe before it hits a baffle with a big hole in it is not very restrictive, especially compared to the stock set up with a cat stateside which seems to work fine on a 115 ft lb, 1.8 litre Dyna S.

I found a better throttle response and a bit more bottom end as well. The sound during acceleration is actually better. Sounds more racy and punchy instead of brassy. Idle is far quieter. Having said that - those not familiar with my bike have asked me "what baffles?". So it certainly doesn't get them near the stock sound.

The decibel scale is logarithmic. Every 10dB is a 10X increase in sound pressure. To our ears, that usually means around twice as loud(though the hearing damage can be more than twice as much depending on where we are at on the scale). So, 3-5dB is a marked difference in noise levels. Not simply 3%. The Super-Q will do much better. Having said that, the stock baffles are so loud on the tiny short shots(they are basically straight thru without packing) that any difference to me is noticeable. But, on the street, 105dB vs 102dB at cruising speeds is not going to be a huge difference to those watching you go by. They are both rather loud. That's why I went with the Super Q's. If I am not on the throttle, they can be very tolerable.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson fxdI35
    V&H upsweep looks killer, sounds amazing, and unlike TBR systems it stays black.

My Ride
    1999 Super Glide
    I have had both pipes, the Bassani were stainless and beautiful side by side pipes on my Sportster they sounded great, a lovely deep rich rumble.
    I had Vance & Hines short shots on my FXR, quality was not as good as the Bassani pipes and the exhaust not was harsher, still sounded good though.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider
    I bought my dynasty low rider from Reading HD and it has a stage 1 already done. I've come from 30 years of nap sports bikes so this was a bit of a game changer and i've always had stock pipes on them as they always run better and there's less chance of Mr Plod hearing you. I have the V&H pipes on mine which are louder than I like. Nice tick over sound but quite offensive on a wide open throttle.
    One advantage of them I have found is that my new neighbour has a little more respect. He's a mini cab driver and gets home about 3am playing loud arabic music. Since I started firing my bike up at 0545 with the V&H pointing at his front door while I sort out my helmet and gloves he's turned the music down.
    Lovely shiny pipes that seem well made but coming from big sports bikes I have to say that after al these years of high engine outputs if this is a performance tuned Harley the stock model couldn't have been up to much.
    And yet with the new 107 fat boy I'd be scared to do any tuning on it. The throttle response is incredible, now that's power.