My Ride
    2016 Street Bob

Street Bob Tank Range

Hi

Looking at the spec my 2016 Street Bob it has a 17.1 l tank. Today the warning got to range of 20 miles.

When i filled up right to the brim all i got in was 14.17 miles, which would suggest I should have had a lot more range.

I had done about 140 miles from previous fill up and not caning it too bad, I know range is all down to riding style , but my concern is I still had 3l left.

What is the general experience, can the gauges be trusted ?
    You cannot kill what you did not create.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Hi

Looking at the spec my 2016 Street Bob it has a 17.1 l tank. Today the warning got to range of 20 miles.

When i filled up right to the brim all i got in was 14.17 miles, which would suggest I should have had a lot more range.

I had done about 140 miles from previous fill up and not caning it too bad, I know range is all down to riding style , but my concern is I still had 3l left.

I get about 140 to 165 mile range tops on my tank which is a streetbob..i fill my tank when bike is on its sidestand so could get more fuel in it i guess..

I trust the guage on my bike..i tend to never run it dry though

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    It cannot be trusted below 20-25 miles whatsoever. Do NOT ask me how I know!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    The 48 days huh?

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    The 48 days huh?

Now that's a poor tank range.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Hi

On my iron it's pretty accurate, but I check it the old fashioned way and have a look in the tank.
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    The 48 days huh?
    Not at all, I managed the poor range by fuelling at home after a run out. Irrespective of whether I had only done 10 or 40 miles (range was about 70-75) I always filled it before putting it away for the next jaunt. I still carry this procedure out with the Breakout normally.

On most Harleys unless you have a tank lift the last 2 litres are virtually unusable. As mentioned a tank lift will sort this and you can utilise every last remaining drop. On my Breakout I have a range indicated when filled to the gunnels of over 200 miles. 15-20 miles remaining as you decelerate and the fuel runs to the front of the tank on take up there will be hesitation and misfire due to fuel starvation, a common trait.
    Last edited by K9F; 09-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Not at all, I managed the poor range by fuelling at home after a run out. Irrespective of whether I had only done 10 or 40 miles (range was about 70-75) I always filled it before putting it away for the next jaunt. I still carry this procedure out with the Breakout normally.

On most Harleys unless you have a tank lift the last 2 litres are virtually unusable. As mentioned a tank lift will sort this and you can utilise every last remaining drop. On my Breakout I have a range indicated when filled to the gunnels of over 200 miles. 15-20 miles remaining as you decelerate and the fuel runs to the front of the tank on take up there will be hesitation and misfire due to fuel starvation, a common trait.
    Where I live the 48 would be no good, being out in the middle of nowhere, nearest petrol station is 11mls in one direction, 12 in an other and 10 the other way. When I had one for a few days I filled up when I got to work and on the way home. Nice looking bike but no good to me.
    FTW )