My Ride
    Fat Bob

Insurance, Good Deal ??

Just spoke to HD Insurance to get a quote for my 2014 Fat Bob, i'm 51 with 6 yrs ncd and live in a low risk area, Just under £300 with stage 1 and front and rear suspension upgrade, agreed value of 10.5k, sound good ??

cheers guys

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    As with H-D insurance you get a policy underwritten by Carole Nash with all the bells and whistles. They were the only insurers who would insure me for a bike worth over £20k with 26 years fully comprehensive motorcycle insurance and no claims.

You could have got insurance cheaper elsewhere but underwritten by whom and how good? Any insurance is only as good as the service you receive in the event of a claim. Many people go to a broker and foolishly and blindly accept the cheapest deal available without asking who the underwriters are or doing any further research how good they may be in the event of a claim.

Seriously? I think you can sleep soundly in your bed safe in the knowledge you have a decent policy underwritten by people who understand Harley-Davidson riders IMHO and for what it may be worth.

Could be worse have a look at the reviews below, they provide motorcycle insurance too.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123837.html
    Last edited by K9F; 08-30-2017 at 12:15 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

Ch@ppers (08-31-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    It shouldnt really be about the money..it should be about what that company will do for you in the event of theft/accident..i know cost is a big factor to many but piece of mind is one also..

I pay 540 this year for my bike..last year it was nearly 800..i could have got it cheaper elsewhere but prefered piece of mind..this is only my second year and i am with carole nash..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

Ch@ppers (08-31-2017)

My Ride
    Fat Bob
    Cheers guys, went with HD today even though i'd had quotes much cheaper, MCE will allow any mods apart from turbo/supercharger but only pay out for standard bits. Once you factor in the extras and the agreed value which some don't do its pretty good i think, and they came down to £250 so happy days. Roll on the spring so i can get back on her as currently laid up following spinal surgery.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch@ppers View Post
    Cheers guys, went with HD today even though i'd had quotes much cheaper, MCE will allow any mods apart from turbo/supercharger but only pay out for standard bits. Once you factor in the extras and the agreed value which some don't do its pretty good i think, and they came down to £250 so happy days. Roll on the spring so i can get back on her as currently laid up following spinal surgery.
    Good news and may you have a speedy recovery healthwise

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

Ch@ppers (08-31-2017)

My Ride
    Fat Bob
    The only slight issue is that i can't take it to an HD dealer for the value paperwork to be done so that will have to wait till spring and i will have to hope it doesn't get nicked.

My Ride
    Get someone else to take it for you??

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    I've got HD insurance last 2 years. Good quotes, cover and benefits. Don't think you can go wrong.
    FTW )

My Ride
    XL1200V Sportster
    I had Harley insurance a few years ago and recently they sent me a letter inviting me to insure with them again. I rang last Thursday and gave all my details and was told they would ring me back, I have yet to get the call back. Funnily enough I rang Carole Nash about home insurance a couple of years ago and the same thing happened I`m still waiting for the call back

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou.Briand View Post
    I had Harley insurance a few years ago and recently they sent me a letter inviting me to insure with them again. I rang last Thursday and gave all my details and was told they would ring me back, I have yet to get the call back. Funnily enough I rang Carole Nash about home insurance a couple of years ago and the same thing happened I`m still waiting for the call back
    Just not your luck. In all honesty I've had nothing but good service from hd insurance, but the approach your experiencing is poor.
    Last edited by Whistler; 04-30-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    FTW )