Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Warminster
    My Ride
    Fat Bob
    Posts
    91
    Thanked: 11

    Fatbob Suspension Upgrade

    Guys i'm considering a suspension upgrade for my 2014 Fatbob, as lets be honest the stock system is a tad harsh. So has anyone changed the front and rear, what did you change to and what are your findings, 99% of my riding is solo.
    I've got about 1k to spend and at the moment am liking the look of the Progressive Suspension 444 rears with the standard spring, anyone use these. The other question is what difference does having a slightly longer rear shock have, pros and cons.
    For the fronts im thinking of the Progressive Suspension fork montube with external pre load.
    Im not in any hurry as ive just had spinal surgery so wont be riding til spring now but want to have it all ready for then, any opinions or suggestion of alternative appreciated

    Cheers Paul

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanked: 321
    I have been looking today myself for just the rear suspension for my dyna and come across a site where you tell them main purpose of your bike(single or double) your weight, passengers weight if require, type of bike you have...your budget etc and they will email back what they recommend to you with all those factors included..

    I do know they have progressive 440s in stock where the 444s are just the next step up to replace them etc for a reduced price..

    Send them an email to see what they suggest along with what the others here say..

    http://www.bike-revival.co.uk/enquiry.html


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Warminster
    My Ride
    Fat Bob
    Posts
    91
    Thanked: 11
    I'm going to go for the 444's and the monotube kit for the front. Now this is the best part of a grand from the UK but can be had for £200+ cheaper from the USA, so do i order from the over the pond. I had an ohlins from the USA for my Blackbird without issue so i suppose these will be no different, and i'd pay on credit card just to be safe.
    The other question is which length rear shock to go for.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,384
    Thanked: 601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch@ppers View Post
    I'm going to go for the 444's and the monotube kit for the front. Now this is the best part of a grand from the UK but can be had for £200+ cheaper from the USA, so do i order from the over the pond. I had an ohlins from the USA for my Blackbird without issue so i suppose these will be no different, and i'd pay on credit card just to be safe.
    The other question is which length rear shock to go for.
    Careful ordering from states, you could incur duty which will bump up cost. No issues other than that.
    FTW )

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Warminster
    My Ride
    Fat Bob
    Posts
    91
    Thanked: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Careful ordering from states, you could incur duty which will bump up cost. No issues other than that.
    Yea the penny dropped after id posted and will prob buy from the uk as i expect the impost taxes will eat up the difference.

    Any ideas about my question about the length of rear shock.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,384
    Thanked: 601
    Depends on how much you want to lower your bike or not. Why don't you look on some websites such as Hogfathers for some Ideas. I think the shocks on my Iron are 13", at some point I'll be putting lower ones (11") for it to sit closer to the tyre for a more aesthetic look.
    FTW )

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Depends on how much you want to lower your bike or not. Why don't you look on some websites such as Hogfathers for some Ideas. I think the shocks on my Iron are 13", at some point I'll be putting lower ones (11") for it to sit closer to the tyre for a more aesthetic look.
    And possibly a very sore back if my mates Iron with 11" Progressives is anything to go by! He found riding mine with the 13+" standard shocks and Cobra tyres so much more comfortable. Just wondered if Hagon Nitros could be an option for the OP's Fatbob? They make whatever you want don't they?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,384
    Thanked: 601
    Quote Originally Posted by Not too old View Post
    And possibly a very sore back if my mates Iron with 11" Progressives is anything to go by! He found riding mine with the 13+" standard shocks and Cobra tyres so much more comfortable. Just wondered if Hagon Nitros could be an option for the OP's Fatbob? They make whatever you want don't they?
    The iron does look good though with the back end lowered on 11"shocks

    Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    FTW )

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    The iron does look good though with the back end lowered on 11"shocks

    Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    Yep, definitely, can't argue with that!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Not too old For This Useful Post:

    Whistler (09-05-2017)

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Warminster
    My Ride
    Fat Bob
    Posts
    91
    Thanked: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Depends on how much you want to lower your bike or not. Why don't you look on some websites such as Hogfathers for some Ideas. I think the shocks on my Iron are 13", at some point I'll be putting lower ones (11") for it to sit closer to the tyre for a more aesthetic look.
    Don't want to lower it, going for one inch longer 444's which should give a bit more clearance, and possible a tad more leg room ??

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •