Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboy2 View Post
    Hi everyone

My name is James and I'm looking to get my 1st Harley (1st bike too), don't currently have a license but will be doing that over the coming months. I have been into cars all my life but have slowly fallen out of love with driving, so I'm hoping riding will help keep my petrol needs alive.
    I currently own a 2016 Mustang GT which is up for sale and the funds will eventually go towards a 48.

It seems I'm local ish to 2 dealers. 1 in Southampton and one in the Guildford area. Anyone have expericance with eithe of these. I'm used to dealint with Ford which has some of the worse customer service I have ever dealt with so I'm praying HD main dealers will be better...
    I do know the Guildford dealer isn't open on Sundays - You may ask how I know that, being up here in Suffolk.

My Ride
    Bagger - Street Glide Rushmore
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    It is indeed. He gets shit loads of holidays in-line with the schools. He goes to Loomies a lot but like me never eats there as the food is pants. He normally does a 'round robin' from Bournemouth to Loomies and then back via Dock Gate 20.
    He needs to powdercoat his cam cover and inspection port. It's still stock steel and looks shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    49mm front forks is his next outlay to get rid of the toothpick ones.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Oh alright ............I'll tell you anyway.

Guildford Harley are part of the Lind Group.

So what? I hear you say......

Well, they are Quakers and they don't trade on Sundays apparently.

My Ride
    Road King Special
    Guildford is quite close to me and I bought my Road King from them. I found them to be good on customer service and pleasant to deal with. I have had a an issue with the sound system where it distorts badly and cuts out intermittently, and they have been happy to look at it (twice) even though they cannot find the problem! I go down there fairly frequently for some retail therapy and a nose around as it is a good ride down the A25 or A246.

My first bike was a Sportster which I bought privately from a guy in Guildford who swore by Southampton as the best dealership in the south. We agreed the first service as part of the deal so he booked it in to Southampton and they picked up the bike and delivered it (to and from Epsom in Surrey). They would deliver it back at 10am on the Saturday and they called to say it would be 11, then 1. They eventually arrived at 3pm. I was a little miffed as it was the first weekend I had owned it so I wasn't that happy about it but they seemed OK. I dropped in on the way back from holiday last year and it is smaller than Guildford.

I think you will good service from either

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Hi James

I am a petrolhead too, sportsbikes (inc.the Nurburgring X 4) cars, and added a Forty Eight 3 years ago. Done loads of the typical mods to it (you name it I've done it!) with a few little twists inc old school tyres. I can tell you the demonstrator purchase of my Forty Eight has not stopped putting a smile on my face every time I have ridden it since 12000 miles later and ever time I see it in my garage. They are bone-shakers even with a springer seat, but I feel this adds to getting back to the basics of riding a machine inc. the noise of straight through pipes. My view, don't hesitate - treat yourself. Btw, is your Miustang a RHD version and has it got the big V8 and what's the price. I am fairly near you, Bognor.

My Ride
    Low Rider S, CL65 AMG VW Phaeton V10 oil burner, VX220 Turbo track car
    Hope to see you around when you get it, I live in Lovedean and ride a rather loud Low Rider S. I like my cars too have a late CL65 AMG (620 bhp twin turbo V12) and a few other cars.