Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Southampton Bike Night tomorrow if you're at Southampton Harley tomorrow afternoon anyway. I go most weeks travelling via the Avon Causeway, Bransgore emerging at the Cat and Fiddle Pub and then via Lyndhurst, it's a great run out Thursday evenings there and back.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2017 sportster 883
    That sounds like a lovely run, I can't make it tomorrow but will def be in touch to join in another time. Thanks for the heads up.

My Ride
    not quite yet.
    If you fancy meeting up for a thrash round Dorset contact me on 07971790729.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    yep will do, do you go to the bike night in poole?

My Ride
    not quite yet.
    Haven't yet. Must give it a go soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Fun View Post
    Hi All,

I have just purchased a Iron 883 2017 and I've had a nightmare trying to fit Vance and Hines slip ons. I followed the instructions plus a video on you tube and they just would line up with the holding bracket.

Anyway, I gave up and have put my stocks back on and I'm off to HARLEY to have them fit them fit the V&C for me.

I've just wondered if it matters what way the stock exhaust are put on? I haven't had proper bike in years and when I started her up, I saw some clear spurting liquid coming out from the end of the front exhaust onto the holding bracket. I'm hoping you'll tell me this is correct, if not I'll have to swap them over again

I'm down in Dorset so looking forward to meeting up with other Harley Riders.
    I've got the standard pipes on my 2016 Iron, never had anything like what you are describing coming out of my exhaust. Your HD dealership should sort it out. Hope you enjoy your bike.
    Last edited by Whistler; 07-26-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Fun View Post
    yep will do, do you go to the bike night in poole?
    This event for me has outgrown itself. Attracts too many idiots riding about thinking they are Karl Fogarty. I did however manage to get Bike of the Night at the first event this year back in April. Southampton Bike Night is better but it's the ride out there that makes it for me!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Hiya,

I fitted vance and hines slash cut slip ons to my 17 plate iron 2 days ago. I initally had the same issue because of the gasket used to make up the difference in the reduced header pipe stuck out to much and meant that the slip ons did not line up with the exhaust bracket.

Simple fix was the studden collar on the gasket that sticks out from the exhaust can be removed with pliers resulting in it being able to be pushed in further and ends up fitting perfect.

Hope this helps and saves you paying someone else to do it.
    Last edited by jlennox89; 07-27-2017 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    All done and the sound is amazing... A 'Big' thank you to Tom and Dave at Harley Southampton who were superb.

I asked them about the issues I'd had and they said you do have to mess about with the exhaust as you did jlennox89.

So now for lots of riding and thanks for everyones help

My Ride
    I've just noticed that since the stage 1 has ben done i have lost my gear ratio on the display, it only shows the rpm now.

Any ideas why and would the upgrade cause this?