Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Fun View Post
    ........Any ideas why and would the upgrade cause this?
    YES, software! What tune mapping tool was used? Both Screaming Eagle and Power Vision tunes will stop the gear indicator working dependent on what box of tricks was used, roll back to standard tune and hey presto it will work again. Well documented over here and over in the USA. What you need to ask yourself is...."Can you live with it?"

As mentioned this issue is well known and harks back to when the gear/rpm indicator was first introduced. Power Vision have a 'software patch' that corrects the issue. Not sure about SE as spent enough time on this now. Remember Google is your friend!

Phone Tom or Dave tomorrow! In the interim have a look below.....Same bike, same year, same issue.....

http://harleyforum.org.uk/showthread...r-**be-aware**
    Last edited by K9F; 07-30-2017 at 08:52 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2017 sportster 883
    Thanks for the link, I have read it and i also have had the screaming eagle stage 1 etc.

Now what surprises me is}
    1/ I asked the hd dealer what they recommend if fitting V&C and they said stage 1 and they have supplied all the parts, including the screaming eagle.
    2/ I was not told this could or would void some of my warranty.

I do find this all very odd, i can live without the gear ration, but i suppose the question is, why are hd dealers fitting it if it causes these problems and bearing in mind my bike is brand new, surely they should inform me re the warranty?

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE

New Member and already need help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Fun View Post
    Thanks for the link, I have read it and i also have had the screaming eagle stage 1 etc.

Now what surprises me is}
    1/ I asked the hd dealer what they recommend if fitting V&C and they said stage 1 and they have supplied all the parts, including the screaming eagle.
    2/ I was not told this could or would void some of my warranty.

I do find this all very odd, i can live without the gear ration, but i suppose the question is, why are hd dealers fitting it if it causes these problems and bearing in mind my bike is brand new, surely they should inform me re the warranty?
    Who told you warranty could be void? If they fitted that and the screamin eagle tuner then the warranty stays intact...

Just realised, are you fitting the stuff yourself? If so, then yes I guess there would be some implications as your not a Harley technician and it gives them a big loophole incase anything happens to the bike....just say you fluff it up when tuning it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dod; 08-01-2017 at 12:27 AM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Harley-Davidson Motor Company make their stance on warranty implications perfectly clear when it comes to performance enhancing modifications! Many dealers including mine which is Southampton Harley-Davidson will honour warranty if they carry out the modifications, then again I gave them nearly £26k for my bike all in last December. I also requested the confirmation in writing my warranty would not be compromised.

A few thoughts......

Southampton Harley-Davidson after consultation carried out exactly what you agreed upon and it was but a few days ago you were singing their praises as 'superb?'

Do you think the onus is on the dealership to tell you if your warranty is compromised? Especially if you bought the bike elsewhere? They cannot speak for other dealers if they are not within their own franchise!

May I suggest you address your concerns in writing to both your own dealership and Southampton Harley-Davidson in writing (not by phone or in conversation) to get a definitive answer to possible warranty compromise?

Asking the right questions before heading down the route for better sound and performance would have prevented these circumstances perhaps?
    Last edited by K9F; 08-01-2017 at 09:03 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2017 sportster 883
    I am still very happy with what the guys at H&D SOUTHAMPTON did, my only concern is that from reading the links H&D there have been issues about the warranty. this maybe of course due to self installation which i have not done.

I WOULD expect any dealership to honour my warranty as they carried out the work and this would be the correct professional and ethical stance for any company to do if they are doing any work on a vehicle.

I will speak to Tom and I have no doubt we will get this resolved, I'm not one for throwing my toys out of the pram.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    I perceive issues being much much worse in the USA. There is a plethora of information whereupon warranty has been compromised due to the aforementioned modifications and owners have incurred great expense as a result. Often the modifications had been carried out by the dealership themselves. As mentioned Harley-Davidson themselves make their position quite clear. Dealerships themselves vary greatly, you have already found a decent one! In 40 odd years of motorcycling I have found Southampton to be one of the very best! Mind you roll back a few years and they were one of the worse before a clean sweep sorted them out! Dealership reputations can take years to get a good one but with Social Media and the internet a few days for all the hard work to be undone! Any agreement regarding warranty get it in writing! Good luck!
    Last edited by K9F; 08-01-2017 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    Sportster 883 Iron 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jlennox89 View Post
    Hiya,

I fitted vance and hines slash cut slip ons to my 17 plate iron 2 days ago. I initally had the same issue because of the gasket used to make up the difference in the reduced header pipe stuck out to much and meant that the slip ons did not line up with the exhaust bracket.

Simple fix was the studden collar on the gasket that sticks out from the exhaust can be removed with pliers resulting in it being able to be pushed in further and ends up fitting perfect.

Hope this helps and saves you paying someone else to do it.
    Hi,
    I've just purchased the same V & H slip ons to go onto a late 2017 iron, do I need to purchase the exhaust gaskets or are they already fitted to the stock exhaust?

Cheers

Neil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk