Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Gen 1 Fazer 1000 & soon to have a 1200 Roadster

Mint 1200R Roadster WANTED

I am looking to buy a 1200 Roadster from 2005/2006 must be mint even if still standard and not bothered about colour.

Would prefer the fuel injection model

I live in the North West of the UK near a Town called Ormskirk, will travel & cash waiting for the right one.

Thanks, Nev
    Last edited by Capt M; 07-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thought you meant a newer Roadster. Apologies I have scrubbed my suggestion about an ex-demo I am about 12 years too late for that!
    Last edited by K9F; 07-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Thought you meant a newer Roadster. Apologies I have scrubbed my suggestion about an ex-demo I am about 12 years too late for that!
    My mistake as I never mentioned the year, thanks

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Plenty of XL 1200 lows for sale same period but very few Rs. One XL caught my eye with only just over 6k miles on it.

One here from Autotrader advertised in the 1200 category with 883 plastered all over it?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...om=2005&page=1

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Thanks, I have lots to learn, I have noted the "Lows" is it my eyes or do some of them have skinnier front wheels/tyres than others?

Is it model year specific would you know?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea. I have only been with the Harley-Davidson marque for 20 odd months. Personally if I was in the market for an older Sportster the XL1200V Seventy Two would be one I myself would be leaning towards as I like the styling. Considering your desire for the 'R' model the Seventy Twos are up to 10 years younger and not a lot more money. Just an observation and a bit of 'personal spin.' Your money your choice spend it wisely.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Just out of curiosity , does it have to be a roadster. What about a Nightster, one of the first dark custom. As K9f says the 72 is a nicely styled bike. There are so many in the sportster range if an older roadster proves hard to source.
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    The only problem with the 72 is that imho it was horrible to ride compared with other models. Uncomfortable and not much suspension travel. It's under damped with hardly any rear suspension travel so it soon becomes a spine crushing experience and with apes and that skinny front tyre, handling is pretty awful tbh! Harley dropped the model simply because it wasn't selling well compared to the newer Iron and 48 models. There's a few nice low mileage bikes currently out there and there's an affordable low miles 883 Roadster with the orange tank on fleabay at the moment.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    The only problem with the 72 is that imho it was horrible to ride compared with other models.....
    And my Breakout wasn't? As with most Harley-Davidsons you adapt it, get to grips with it or sell it and move on being a warts 'n' all type vehicle. Look how much technological information on suspension we've been offered in your quest to get a better ride whilst others don't appear have a problem!

My Ride
    A proper bike
    That's your opinion, and not one shared by me. It's not technical overload, it's common sense man! Others "don't appear" top have a problem is probably the correct wording. How many people have you polled? Just the members of this compact forum? I know a lot of people who ride Harley's. All of them to a man agree that their suspension is crap. A few persist with the stock set ups because 1) they either don't use their bikes much (I wonder why?) so it's not worth the outlay, 2) they only ride locally on shortish trips or 3) they're into cruising at slow speed in urban environments because it's a social thing and has got sod all to do with handling or comfort. Quite the opposite, they cruise in social groups in spite of the crap handling and harsh ride. Each to their own but I put up a lot of miles on bikes and the standard suspension is crap. Anyway, I won't be drawn any further into a bun fight with someone hell bent on an argument.
    Last edited by BuckhornBud; 07-11-2017 at 10:00 AM.