My Ride
    Harley-Davidson DYNA SUPER GLIDE FXDC

non uk harley , are they valued less?

hi, i have been looking at a 2009 heritage softail that was previously registered in the usa, and is now registered here, is its value generally lower than a uk spec bike? as years ago this was the case on a lot of vehicles, any ideas please.thanks andy

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty26151 View Post
    hi, i have been looking at a 2009 heritage softail that was previously registered in the usa, and is now registered here, is its value generally lower than a uk spec bike? as years ago this was the case on a lot of vehicles, any ideas please.thanks andy
    Think previously it was due to cheaper import duty that the importers were able to sell bikes off cheaper. Don't know that it makes a lot of difference with a bike now registered over here now. Check the mileage etc against the value
    FTW )

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    'Grey Imports' as they used to be called were UK spec vehicles either bought or shipped overseas and then reimported after a period of time and use where VAT was no longer viable. I was involved in this scheme when stationed abroad. Generally it devalues the price of the whole market as cheap vehicles flood the UK market. A 'one off' such as the one you are looking at should potentially as it has all the necessary changes to make it UK spec be theoretically valued at the same price as an original UK spec one as there will be no difference. Dependent on where it originated it could well be in better condition than a UK bike of the same age too due to more arid and favourable climatic conditions where it may have been used?

As with anything for sale, it is only worth as much as a buyer is prepared to pay. Using the fact it was USA bought may not wash if it is your intention to beat them down on price using it as an excuse. Worth a shot though if you really like it!
    Last edited by K9F; 07-05-2017 at 09:21 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!