Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    Thanks Whistler, I'll look 'em up.
    Get them from "Bike Dryers UK". They have them on the website. There are small conical brush attachments to go with them as well. I've used them to great effect on the Iron
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Found a set brand new for £15 on Ebay....UK bike business selling a few off. Bargain.

My Ride
    HD FXDB Street Bob | Harley-Davidson Sportster | Kwak VN2000 | Kawasaki ER-6F
    Must admit, I rarely wash my bikes. I can't stand chrome and almost always go for a matte black finish on all my bikes (my Vulcan, Sportster and Streetbob all have matte black finishes with smatterings of chrome).
    The last thing I want to do after a ride is washing and polishing. They're only going to get dirty anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Motorhate For This Useful Post:

xbpod (05-17-2017)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhate View Post
    Must admit, I rarely wash my bikes. I can't stand chrome and almost always go for a matte black finish on all my bikes (my Vulcan, Sportster and Streetbob all have matte black finishes with smatterings of chrome).
    The last thing I want to do after a ride is washing and polishing. They're only going to get dirty anyway.
    I'm a compulsive bike cleaner. I just can't bring myself to put a dirty bike in the outhouse, it would bug me something chronic. OCD maybe.
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    I always keep my bikes clean. Easier to spot problems on a clean bike and it does paintwork no good to be left to environmental elements for too long. These days there are loads of products to enhance paint protection allowing the need for less frequent cleaning but all my fasteners, the underside of the frame, wheels and engine all get regularly cleaned. Chrome is a pain but when wiped down with ACF50 applied to a rag after a wash and dry to remove grime, you can control corrosion etc. Even when I had nothing but a bike for transport for years, they were always regularly kept spick and span and old habits die hard. The worst thing anyone can do (but many frequently do anyway including bike show rooms!) is dry clean the bike...just give it a buff with a dry clean cloth. It's the best way to ruin polished surfaces and scratch pain work.

My Ride
    I always keep my bikes clean. Easier to spot problems on a clean bike and it does paintwork no good to be left to environmental elements for too long. These days there are loads of products to enhance paint protection allowing the need for less frequent cleaning but all my fasteners, the underside of the frame, wheels and engine all get regularly cleaned. Chrome is a pain but when wiped down with ACF50 applied to a rag after a wash and dry to remove grime, you can control corrosion etc. Even when I had nothing but a bike for transport for years, they were always regularly kept spick and span and old habits die hard. The worst thing anyone can do (but many frequently do anyway including bike show rooms!) is dry clean the bike...just give it a buff with a dry clean cloth. It's the best way to ruin polished surfaces and scratch pain work.
    I agree. My bikes were my only form of transport until I was 31. Winters were a pain , but by cleaning the bike down every night after I got home from work it meant I could keep on top of problems, and managed to keep rust to a minimum. I generally kept my bikes for years so, for me, this was important.
    FTW )

My Ride
    HD FXDB Street Bob | Harley-Davidson Sportster | Kwak VN2000 | Kawasaki ER-6F
    Most of my bike have been rat bikes so old habits die hard - this sort of thing appeals to me more than anything with too much chrome.

b49a9a77a9037fca9b2c77b1c86b4502.jpg

Each to their own though!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhate View Post
    Most of my bike have been rat bikes so old habits die hard - this sort of thing appeals to me more than anything with too much chrome.

b49a9a77a9037fca9b2c77b1c86b4502.jpg

Each to their own though!
    Jeez, I've got a write up about that one in an old BSH somewhere. If I remember right it was fully functioning. Re: rat bikes, if I owned one it would drive me daft, I d have to clean it.
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    After paying a 5 figure sum for my bike, there's no way I'd let its condition deteriorate through carelessness. My last two bikes (RSVR Eddy Rep and KTM 640) I had for 9 years between them and I rode each depreciation free partly because of the condition they were kept in. Anyone buying a bike from me has always been able to ride into the sunset knowing they've nothing to attend to on the bikes. It matters to me to keep them this way. Anyone thinking that means spending more time polishing than riding would be wrong. I walk the dog a lot too. Doesn't mean that he has to be a tangled mess of filthy fur Same with the house. 10 years ownership of our current one and it's better than when we moved in. Doesn't mean we don't live in it! It's just what people consider important or a priority but I was brought up in a relatively poor environment and my parents never had a penny to rub together, so I soon learned to look after things. The old adage is look after your bike and it'll look after you is true. Attend to servicing properly, and cleaning properly and there should never be anything to worry about. Just ride it.

My Ride
    After paying a 5 figure sum for my bike, there's no way I'd let its condition deteriorate through carelessness. My last two bikes (RSVR Eddy Rep and KTM 640) I had for 9 years between them and I rode each depreciation free partly because of the condition they were kept in. Anyone buying a bike from me has always been able to ride into the sunset knowing they've nothing to attend to on the bikes. It matters to me to keep them this way. Anyone thinking that means spending more time polishing than riding would be wrong. I walk the dog a lot too. Doesn't mean that he has to be a tangled mess of filthy fur Same with the house. 10 years ownership of our current one and it's better than when we moved in. Doesn't mean we don't live in it! It's just what people consider important or a priority but I was brought up in a relatively poor environment and my parents never had a penny to rub together, so I soon learned to look after things. The old adage is look after your bike and it'll look after you is true. Attend to servicing properly, and cleaning properly and there should never be anything to worry about. Just ride it.
    My NTV had over 180,000 on it and after 21 yrs of ownership it still was largely original, even the exhaust.
    FTW )