My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

Sorry another glide question

I have ridden a 2016 glide last year and was really surprised at the handling.
    I believe they changed the chassis 2009 ?
    How much different in handling are the models before and is there anything else i should know ?
    Im looking at 2008 on e bay that ends tomorrow
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Most of the larger Harley-Davidsons as you know has to be ridden with a certain 'style' hence the titles of Road King/Glide etc. Personally I don't think 'handling' really comes into it, as long as you ride within your own capability and that of the bike you can gauge and adjust riding style to suit the handling accordingly. They are all heavyweight behemoths.

As an example my CVO Breakout whilst IMHO it is one of the best looking behemoths of the entire range after nearly 40 years of biking even with it's upside down forks twin disks etc. in 100thmonkey's words "they are a shit pig to ride"......on twisty country roads I have to agree but wouldn't change a thing except riding style as explained.

If your pockets are deep enough to buy new, buy new, there are many advantages! If not there is no real point in comparing!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Its just that i had a 24 hour harley experience last year i found the bike handled really well to what i was expecting and much better than the breakout which was the other bike we had.
    My only criticism was the colour and helmet buffering by the low screen.
    A guy on an older glide said the difference in handling was night and day but i have nothing to compate it too !
    So thought guys on here who have had multiple harleys might know.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Unusual because in controlled conditions with St John's ambulance on standby with no screen whatsoever, just the small bikini fairing over the headlight on the Breakout at 116mph the fastest I've been on her so far, there is no buffeting or wind disturbance whatsoever!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Unusual because in controlled conditions with St John's ambulance on standby with no screen whatsoever, just the small bikini fairing over the headlight on the Breakout at 116mph the fastest I've been on her so far, there is no buffeting or wind disturbance whatsoever!
    The only other thing to mention is that K9F is 4' 6" tall in stockinged feet

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    4' 6 1/2" to be precise barefoot! Your other half said the extra half inch makes a world of difference apparently!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Limited
    Not what your husband said