Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moderator

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Thanks PHUQ will not discuss my reasoning in too much detail nevertheless despite being brought up in the age where certain programmes that you don't see on UK Gold such as Love Thy Neighbour, Til Death Us Do Part, Please Sir and Mind Your Language were deemed as acceptable making a joke about our fellow UK brethren the Scottish and it being classed as racist was perhaps on reflection the biggest joke of all?
    Being able to take the micky out of others along with yourself and harmless banter is what is the life and soul and backbone of many forums such as this? Look at Whistler and Dod.....some of their historical banter could perhaps have been deemed as 'close to the bone' at times. I am glad they have finally managed to get together.

PHUQ have you been invited to the wedding? I will be taking the ACF50 up to clean the bike for the Harley courtege requested.

^^^Another joke by the way!^^^

I am jealous I don't have any mates! Wonder why?
    He's a nice bloke, but not my type, I like boobs to much
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Thanks PHUQ will not discuss my reasoning in too much detail nevertheless despite being brought up in the age where certain programmes that you don't see on UK Gold such as Love Thy Neighbour, Til Death Us Do Part, Please Sir and Mind Your Language were deemed as acceptable making a joke about our fellow UK brethren the Scottish and it being classed as racist was perhaps on reflection the biggest joke of all?
    Being able to take the micky out of others along with yourself and harmless banter is what is the life and soul and backbone of many forums such as this? Look at Whistler and Dod.....some of their historical banter could perhaps have been deemed as 'close to the bone' at times. I am glad they have finally managed to get together.

PHUQ have you been invited to the wedding? I will be taking the ACF50 up to clean the bike for the Harley courtege requested.

^^^Another joke by the way!^^^

I am jealous I don't have any mates! Wonder why?
    Spot on. I was brought up in that era, and spent my first years as a half-brit, half irish lad living in N Ireland during the troubles in the 60's and 70's, so know only too well what REAL bigotry and hate feels like, and it's nothing whatsoever like the infinitesimal minutia of impact that your comments may or may not have imparted on those reading them. What you said was, in context, light hearted banter, or at least that's the way I read it.

Carry on carrying on....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuckhornBud For This Useful Post:

K9F (05-02-2017), Whistler (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    BuckhornBud,

Similar circumstances but not as severe, a mere 16 years after the World War II I was born to a British father and German mother. I had it growing up too, Kraut, Half Breed and numerous other labels in a tough 'eat or get eaten' school. As you get older and wiser the hatred you suffered and carried towards the blinkered and bigoted few dissipates and ironically enough it makes you more tolerant and understanding I think?

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    A proper bike
    BuckhornBud,

Similar circumstances but not as severe, a mere 16 years after the World War II I was born to a British father and German mother. I had it growing up too, Kraut, Half Breed and numerous other labels in a tough 'eat or get eaten' school. As you get older and wiser the hatred you suffered and carried towards the blinkered and bigoted few dissipates and ironically enough it makes you more tolerant and understanding I think?
    Yes it does, or at least it has with me. It's often amused me that the very people quick to point a finger and use words like "racist" or "bigot" are those who've never experienced it themselves first hand, and are being apologists in a PC way, something I have no time for. I don't believe in "live and let live" as that condones some actions that I find reprehensible but I do believe in high standards, good manners, dignified behaviour and civility. Another ex-serviceman here by the way. Was an infantry soldier before I ended up in the engineering world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BuckhornBud For This Useful Post:

K9F (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    Yes it does, or at least it has with me. It's often amused me that the very people quick to point a finger and use words like "racist" or "bigot" are those who've never experienced it themselves first hand, and are being apologists in a PC way, something I have no time for. I don't believe in "live and let live" as that condones some actions that I find reprehensible but I do believe in high standards, good manners, dignified behaviour and civility. Another ex-serviceman here by the way. Was an infantry soldier before I ended up in the engineering world.
    I grew up the product of a Irish Catholic dad and a protestant mum. To make it worse I grew up in a area with a huge protestant/ Catholic overspill. Hence how I learned how to fight at a young age. I treat people as I find them individually cause I generally don't like people much as a result of how I grew up. I can't be doing with all this PC nonsense, I find it very false and dishonest. People don't know how to say things to each other without pussy-footing around . I like plain speaking, honest language. I live my life trying not to hurt or offend anyone, but I'm pretty unforgiving when annoyed..

Ironically I've spent most of my working life in a very PC environment working with very vulnerable people, and you know, disabled people are the most non pc people you'll . My kinda people.
    Last edited by Whistler; 05-02-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Iron 883
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    He's a nice bloke, but not my type, I like boobs to much
    Aren't boobs a bit of a suffocation risk for you?
    Matt

"If pride is a memory, is nobody angry? And me? In time - let it shine, let it shine..."

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by PHUQ View Post
    Aren't boobs a bit of a suffocation risk for you?
    No, not at all , but if I was gonna be suffocated, what a way to go.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Iron 883
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    No, not at all , but if I was gonna be suffocated, what a way to go.
    My girlfriend is somewhat lacking in stature, she fears slightly for her life every time one of her girly friends gives her a hug.

Personally I didn't think it sounded too bad at all but there's no accounting for taste.
    Matt

"If pride is a memory, is nobody angry? And me? In time - let it shine, let it shine..."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PHUQ For This Useful Post:

Whistler (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob
    well folks the subject has been covered now, boobs n'all !! I've got a few offers for moderator which I'll put to the the forum owner. I'll contact people as and when I've gone though it with him. There's not much else to say on the subject now so I'll be closing the thread to further comments. What I will say is that Bluenose has been having a pretty hard time of things for quite a while now and will be taking a break from the forum to sort a few things out. He's made a massive contribution to this forum and I hope he returns in the future when he's ready.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Streetbob For This Useful Post:

percysybil (05-03-2017), Whistler (05-02-2017), xbpod (05-03-2017)