Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob

Post Moderator

Dear members,

Recently some of you may have seen the posts between a member and our moderator regarding a certain joke that some of our Scottish members may have found racist. Personally, I felt the joke was fine, totally innocuous and I know for sure it was meant in good humour, however not everyone saw it that way and the result is that our moderator has felt it necessary to resign his position which regretfully I have now actioned.

Just for the record, I will say that on behalf on Harley Forums UK I would like to apologise to anyone who may have been offended either by the joke or by any of the subsequent posts made in connection to it. The views and opinions expressed on this forum are soley those of the original authors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Harley Forums UK, it's staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.

So, now that's out of the way we need to find one or more members who would be willing to take up the moderators role. It's not difficult and doesn't really take up any extra time, but it does give you the ability to help keep the forum safe, ensuring the content is maintained at a sensible, respectful and decent standard. Any potential candidates should ideally have been a member for at least a year and have a post count of 500 or more, some computer knowledge would also be helpful. Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the page if you're interested or you can PM me.

Should any member feel that a post needs to be brought to the attention of admin then please use the 'report post' button and we will respond.

I have remained in the background of this forum but due to some changes in personal circumstances have been unable to devote the time required to be a regular poster, however that doesn't mean I don't care and I'm still here to help when I can.

Thanks

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetbob View Post
    Dear members,

Recently some of you may have seen the posts between a member and our moderator regarding a certain joke that some of our Scottish members may have found racist. Personally, I felt the joke was fine, totally innocuous and I know for sure it was meant in good humour, however not everyone saw it that way and the result is that our moderator has felt it necessary to resign his position which regretfully I have now actioned.

Just for the record, I will say that on behalf on Harley Forums UK I would like to apologise to anyone who may have been offended either by the joke or by any of the subsequent posts made in connection to it. The views and opinions expressed on this forum are soley those of the original authors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Harley Forums UK, it's staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.

So, now that's out of the way we need to find one or more members who would be willing to take up the moderators role. It's not difficult and doesn't really take up any extra time, but it does give you the ability to help keep the forum safe, ensuring the content is maintained at a sensible, respectful and decent standard. Any potential candidates should ideally have been a member for at least a year and have a post count of 500 or more, some computer knowledge would also be helpful. Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the page if you're interested or you can PM me.

Should any member feel that a post needs to be brought to the attention of admin then please use the 'report post' button and we will respond.

I have remained in the background of this forum but due to some changes in personal circumstances have been unable to devote the time required to be a regular poster, however that doesn't mean I don't care and I'm still here to help when I can.

Thanks
    Hi Streetbob,
    As one of the Scottish members there was no offence taken from said comment, and I know others felt the same way. Of course the forum can get a little volatile at times, but we're all grownups and we generally say our peace and move on. I think it's sad that Bluenose felt he had to resign, to my mind he moderated the forum well.
    FTW )

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

EricC (05-05-2017), K9F (05-02-2017), Streetbob (05-02-2017), xbpod (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    Bagger - Street Glide Rushmore
    There was nothing wrong with that comment, if you want offending pop and see Frankie Boyle or similar live or on TV regularly. Im a member on a few forums and if on a big rusty tufty beard wearing Harley riding one we are worried about this then it’ll never have more than the 10 people who contribute. Lighten up people its not a life changing injury.

PS Ill moderate if you’ll have me.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 100thmonkey For This Useful Post:

K9F (05-02-2017), Streetbob (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Forums generally self-moderate.

In view of the fact Dave has felt it necessary to resign (which I hasten to add saddens me) things could and should have been handled a damn sight more discreetly in my view. I am prepared to act as moderator in the absence of anyone else not coming forward or if deemed satisfactory will share the duties with any other willing volunteer?

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

Streetbob (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Hi Streetbob,
    As one of the Scottish members there was no offence taken from said comment, and I know others felt the same way. Of course the forum can get a little volatile at times, but we're all grownups and we generally say our peace and move on. I think it's sad that Bluenose felt he had to resign, to my mind he moderated the forum well.
    Hi Whistler, Yes it is a shame that he's decided to go he's made a massive contribtion to this forum, maybe he'll come back at some point in the future, perhaps when he's had some time to get in business venture up and running and we wish him all the best with that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetbob For This Useful Post:

EricC (05-05-2017)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Forums generally self-moderate.

In view of the fact Dave has felt it necessary to resign (which I hasten to add saddens me) things could and should have been handled a damn sight more discreetly in my view. I am prepared to act as moderator in the absence of anyone else not coming forward or if deemed satisfactory will share the duties with any other willing volunteer?
    I would say that SOME forums can self moderate - depends on the nature of the group. This one is pretty good and 99.9% of it's members are sensible enough to keep things respectable. Totally agree that the issue could have been handled a lot better and I'm sorry for that. Many thanks for your offer to assist with the moderation of this group I'll be in touch via PM soon. Thank you also for your continued support, your contribution is very much appreciated.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    There was nothing wrong with that comment, if you want offending pop and see Frankie Boyle or similar live or on TV regularly. Im a member on a few forums and if on a big rusty tufty beard wearing Harley riding one we are worried about this then it’ll never have more than the 10 people who contribute. Lighten up people its not a life changing injury.

PS Ill moderate if you’ll have me.
    Many thanks for your offer of help, it is very much appreciated. I will contact people via PM's shortly

Hi there 100thmonkey,

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE

Quote Originally Posted by Streetbob View Post
    I would say that SOME forums can self moderate - depends on the nature of the group. This one is pretty good and 99.9% of it's members are sensible enough to keep things respectable. Totally agree that the issue could have been handled a lot better and I'm sorry for that. Many thanks for your offer to assist with the moderation of this group I'll be in touch via PM soon. Thank you also for your continued support, your contribution is very much appreciated.
    Does that mean I could be a 0.1% er?? Sh@@ I need to get a patch for that..

I see k9 is still with us and I bet bluenose is still kicking about here..

I guess the giveaway will be some other guy trying to sell us stainless bolts for our Harley's from Yorkshire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dod; 05-02-2017 at 12:55 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

Streetbob (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post

I guess the giveaway will be some other guy trying to sell us stainless bolts for our Harley's from Yorkshire.

a 0.1%er!!! love it!! and yes I think you could well qualify for the patch!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetbob For This Useful Post:

Dod (05-02-2017)

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post

You'd better watch if your wearing a patch like that you'll have the fife chapter of the blues angels after you
    FTW )