Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member supereddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster 1200N
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 0

    Engine cleaning - sportster nightster

    Hi Chaps,

    I own a sportster nightster XL1200N 2007 with the carter engine grey. It's so annoying as very challenging to keep it clean.
    Any suggestions on how to clean it and keep it clean?

    Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,561
    Thanked: 282
    Quote Originally Posted by supereddy View Post
    Hi Chaps,

    I own a sportster nightster XL1200N 2007 with the carter engine grey. It's so annoying as very challenging to keep it clean.
    Any suggestions on how to clean it and keep it clean?

    Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acf-50

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member supereddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster 1200N
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    Acf-50

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude! Straight to the point! Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,561
    Thanked: 282
    Quote Originally Posted by supereddy View Post
    Thanks dude! Straight to the point! Cheers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are other threads about cleaning engines etc and acf comes out tops...i also have harleys own brand engine cleaner spray which is great but expensive.

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanked: 491
    ACF 50 brings the engine on my iron up a treat. I don't use owt else, and it comes up a treat.
    FTW )

  6. #6
    Member supereddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster 1200N
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 0
    So only acf 50? Anything else to revive the other part of the engine?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanked: 491
    Quote Originally Posted by supereddy View Post
    So only acf 50? Anything else to revive the other part of the engine?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's,what I use, but as Dod says you can use HD own engine cleaner, or any other cleaning product for that matter. I believe halfords sell some good products that are cheaper.
    FTW )

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,561
    Thanked: 282
    Quote Originally Posted by supereddy View Post
    So only acf 50? Anything else to revive the other part of the engine?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acf is basically one of the best all rounders for Harley's. Helps protect the bike from rust, even gets rid of some light rust...brings engines up looking like new etc..it even protects the bike for a long period..

    I know there are other products out there but if I can use a multi purpose item like acf50 all over the bike rather than using different sprays on different parts then that's what I use..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member supereddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster 1200N
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    Acf is basically one of the best all rounders for Harley's. Helps protect the bike from rust, even gets rid of some light rust...brings engines up looking like new etc..it even protects the bike for a long period..

    I know there are other products out there but if I can use a multi purpose item like acf50 all over the bike rather than using different sprays on different parts then that's what I use..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guys how do you use and apply acf50? Never use it before and i want to be sure tonuse it properly without any damage to other parts. Also are there variations of the acf50? Thanks!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,561
    Thanked: 282

    Engine cleaning - sportster nightster

    I have used the aerosol can you can get and I currently have the hand pump spray bottle you get when you buy a litre of the stuff..i basically cover all the engine including my short shots and frame but don't do my tank as it's matte black and use scholl no gloss wax on that..I also don't coat the leather I have on my bike...seats, saddle bag and front tool bag..

    If there are parts I want to coat near my seat for example I spray a cloth and then wipe it on the bike that way..I also use the cloth to wipe any drips which you will get on the fins etc..I then tend to leave my bike alone for a couple of hours then start it up which will cause to bike to smoke but it stops after about 5 mins..There are substitutes as I call them but I prefer "top dog" for a top bike. I have posted a link that might help but do some research yourself as there are loads of things about acf50 online..

    Meet the Anti-corrosion crew!

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

    Hope this helps you and I am sure others will comment also.

    https://youtu.be/HKrRZb-_y1A


    Oh yeah forgot to mention I have coated my metallic garden furniture and chairs, even my chimea with Acf and has really come up a treat. Looks brand new..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dod; 04-30-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •