Thread: The Bagger

My Ride
    Bagger - Street Glide Rushmore

The Bagger

After having an Iron, StreetBob, & Breakout all in the last year! I am now settled on the Street Glide

Got it stock and made a few tweaks:-

Powdercoated Exhausts, Brake Levers, Sissy Bar, And Backrest. Vinyl wrapped the Fork Covers and Underlight Trim (Bugger of a job due to curves!)
    Added CVO seat, Tinted Air Intake Grille and added Tinted Grill to Fairing Hole. Relocated Antenna up the frame this morning too.

Stretched Bags ordered from States plus one push gas cap and Engine fins. Clear Front LED Indicators and a few more bit to turn from Chrome to black like the rear bullet bar and tank console and we are there

Longer term I am thinking Front Mudguard changed and Belly Fairing added plus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 100thmonkey For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (04-17-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Are you positive you will not change bike?? You get them then black them out then move onto the next...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    Are you positive you will not change bike?? You get them then black them out then move onto the next...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Think this one is a keeper. Have managed 11000 miles in the last 12 months too! Don't like buying new tyres

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Think this one is a keeper. Have managed 11000 miles in the last 12 months too! Don't like buying new tyres
    I have only done 3500 approx on mine but looking at a lot of Harley's that's quite a bit but I didn't buy my bike to be an ornament...the miles will go on my bike..

You have a good looking bike there and nice to see what you have done..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    I have only done 3500 approx on mine but looking at a lot of Harley's that's quite a bit but I didn't buy my bike to be an ornament...
    Me neither, life is too short and there's very little possessions once you're in a shroud. I have done nearly 600 miles in a week, mate of mine who hasn't got a Harley and wants one said "It won't be worth much if you keep clocking up the miles!" I said "To you it will because I'll sell it to you and if you still haven't got any money I'll trade it in!"

Green eyed monsters aren't they great!

Bike's looking great 100thmonkey!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

100thmonkey (04-17-2017)

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Bikes looking good. Not convinced it's a keeper for you though. Well Maybe till something new comes out of the mo co. Not that it matters , as lo g as your enjoying the bikes.

3 bikes in a year, I haven't done that in over 20yrs. Only 2 in in last 22yrs, and my iron is a keeper. It was always the harley that I wanted. Ride safe and enjoy your bagger.
    FTW )

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

100thmonkey (04-18-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    I've had two just inside a year. Needs and yearning can change but mine too is a keeper........apparently, supposedly, rumour has it, maybe, possibly, who really knows?
    The brand I'll stick with but anything would have to stretch a really long way to tempt me to trade in the recent acquisition. You don't lose much if anything on trading in I found.
    Last edited by K9F; 04-18-2017 at 09:13 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    The brand I'll stick with but anything would have to stretch a really long way to tempt me to trade in the recent acquisition. You don't lose much if anything on trading in I found.
    Selling private on the CVO will actually make you money

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Selling private on the CVO will actually make you money
    I know but it wouldn't make me happy. Whereas you moved on from the Breakout I'll be 'sticking with it' for a while. I like the aggressive stance and clean lines too much. It's amazing how exposed you feel but even 'at speed' there is no wind noise or buffeting. Not sure if this is due to the weight and/or bikini fairing functionality.

Am just cleaning it to within an inch of it's life. Poole Bike Night tonight!

Are you going black on the primary and timing cases and rocker covers? Tough call to make as it looks great as she is!
    Last edited by K9F; 04-18-2017 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob 2006

Cleaning the Bagger!?

Hello

Love your bike! What year is it? I'm just wondering how you get the top of your engine so shiny and clean? Is it just Autosol and a bit of hard work scrubbing? I've tried dong mine over and over again but I can only seem to get it to a dull finish as you can see? My bike is 11 years old to be fair.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images