Thread: Suspension

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson street bob

Question Suspension

Hi guysjustbought my self a 2011 streetbob l absolutely love the bike but coming from a mx background I'm finding a serious lack of suspension on the back been looking at those progressive shocks any thoughts also any thoughts on posture giving me a back and neck it's got mid controls

fisgard
    i had to change the stock shocks on my wide glide, as they were just bottoming out too easy. got some 444's with HD springs and the ride for me, even with my limited knowledge felt a lot better on sunday's run. downside is the unintended cost

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Welcome to the forum. Harleys suspension will feel a bit strange to what your used to on mx bikes, it is very hard, but then the bikes are so heavy. Can't comment on the suspension, but re: your posture- depending on how long you've had the bike , you'll get used to it and the mid controls will take a lot of weight of your back. If not you can change any number of things, the seat, the bars (higher or lower), change the kids to forwards etc. Let us know how you get on.
    FTW )

My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Following on from the above which is good advice and won't cost £0000 You could try the exercises for Harley riders which might help again cost £0000, Other than what's been already said and you've tried shock adjustment and everything's free then it's upgrade, But give it a couple of months you probably will get used to it, Welcome to the forum to.
    Last edited by Ricko; 04-05-2017 at 12:14 AM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson street bob
    Nice l let u know of any improvements

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hello Pigchops,

Welcome to the forum from Calderdale in the Pennines of West Yorkshire.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Bringing this topic back up as I am looking into them for my streetbob, I am looking at the progressive 412 shocks as I am happy with the standard shocks on the bike and just want black ones..I know the 430s and the 444s are better but if anyone has these shocks fitted can you let me know what you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    What would look good on the Bob, would be shorter shocks. The look really cool when lowered.
    FTW )