Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,755
    Thanked: 829

    What Ever Happened To?

    Just an idea but with the recent mentions embedded within other threads I thought it perhaps prudent to raise a separate one to see if anyone may know any information on the following members that seemed to have disappeared or drifted away? It is a shame when it happens and I believe some may drift to Social Media based forums. I don't do social media but do miss the following:

    In no order of preference:

    Smithy
    Trevor the Toad
    Andylock
    Tash

    There are possibly more I need to mention but these spring to mind first and foremost.

    This thread is naturally not limited to just former contributors but can relate to just about anyone or anything really.

    ....for example Spangles and Mint Cracknell chocolate bars for all you old 'uns like me?
    Last edited by K9F; 04-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.

    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,011
    Thanked: 516
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Just an idea but with the recent mentions embedded within other threads I thought it perhaps prudent to raise a separate one to see if anyone may know any information on the following members that seemed to have disappeared or drifted away? It is a shame when it happens and I believe some may drift to Social Media based forums. I don't do social media but do miss the following:

    In no order of preference:

    Smithy
    Trevor the Toad
    Andylock
    Tash

    There are possibly more I need to mention but these spring to mind first and foremost.

    This thread is naturally not limited to just former contributors but can relate to just about anyone or anything really.

    ....for example Spangles and Mint Cracknell chocolate bars for all you old 'uns like me?
    Mint Cracknell,, mmm. What about Texan bars.
    FTW )

  3. #3
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanked: 1146
    Here are some of my old favourites :-

    Rhubarb Rock, A Scottish favourite. Looks like rhubarb and tastes like rhubarb too, brings back memories of my childhood north of the border. Never seen it in England.

    Rhubarb_Rock (1).jpg



    Soor Plooms, Another Scottish favourite.

    gibb-soor-plooms_1456728072_1.jpg


    Spangles, Old English Flavours, I loved these when I was young, much better than the fruit flavours.


    spangles-old-english-sweets-poster-727-p.jpg


    Gold Nugget Bubble Gum. Golden pieces of gum in a cloth bag, yum, yum.


    51HN7VVhCoL.jpg



    Fireman's Hose Liquorice, Strawberry flavoured liquorice, yards better than your average liquorice.


    41agGL0D+XL.jpg


    There are many more of course.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 04-01-2017 at 10:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Weston
    My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Posts
    261
    Thanked: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Just an idea but with the recent mentions embedded within other threads I thought it perhaps prudent to raise a separate one to see if anyone may know any information on the following members that seemed to have disappeared or drifted away? It is a shame when it happens and I believe some may drift to Social Media based forums. I don't do social media but do miss the following:

    In no order of preference:

    Smithy
    Trevor the Toad
    Andylock
    Tash

    There are possibly more I need to mention but these spring to mind first and foremost.

    This thread is naturally not limited to just former contributors but can relate to just about anyone or anything really.

    ....for example Spangles and Mint Cracknell chocolate bars for all you old 'uns like me?
    192.com useful for finding people (used myself) Also Facebook can be useful, Tracing people can be time consuming and satisfying,but worth the effort if concerned enough about a missing person.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,011
    Thanked: 516
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Here are some of my old favourites :-

    Rhubarb Rock, A Scottish favourite. Looks like rhubarb and tastes like rhubarb too, brings back memories of my childhood north of the border. Never seen it in England.

    Rhubarb_Rock (1).jpg



    Soor Plooms Another Scottish favorite.

    gibb-soor-plooms_1456728072_1.jpg


    Spangles, Old English Flavours, I loved these when I was young, much better than the fruit flavours.


    spangles-old-english-sweets-poster-727-p.jpg


    Gold Nugget Bubble Gum. Golden pieces of gum in a cloth bag, yum, yum.


    51HN7VVhCoL.jpg



    Fireman's Hose Liquorice, Strawberry flavoured liquorice, yards better than your average liquorice.


    41agGL0D+XL.jpg


    There are many more of course.
    Think I'll be stopping at the sweetshop in Crossgates tomorrow, they sell old style sweets. I think I'll check it out when on a run.
    FTW )

  6. #6
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,011
    Thanked: 516
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    192.com useful for finding people (used myself) Also Facebook can be useful, Tracing people can be time consuming and satisfying,but worth the effort if concerned enough about a missing person.
    I don't do face book. This is the only forum I'm on.
    FTW )

  7. #7
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,755
    Thanked: 829
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I don't do face book.......
    Me neither. I am however a seldom visitor to another Harley forum across the pond!

    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,011
    Thanked: 516
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Me neither. I am however a seldom visitor to another Harley forum across the pond!
    I registered on the international one, but only used it a couple of times. I wasn't that keen on it, not sure why.
    FTW )

  9. #9
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,755
    Thanked: 829
    Old Jamaica chocolate bars. Eat two and you'd spend the next day on the pot trying to turn yourself inside out.

    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  10. #10
    New Member FatBobSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Norfolk
    My Ride
    2010 FaT BoB .
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 1
    AZTEC chocy bar.
    FatBobSteve .
    'Now is not the time for fear ........ that comes later'

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •