Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    I looked into a stage 1 for my iron. Came to the conclusion, the performance hike wasn't worth the cost.
    FTW )

My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Quote Originally Posted by T-7 View Post
    I don't think it's a massive difference as far as BHP goes but I've just upgraded mine mostly due to the fact I really like the look of the V&H shortshots and the screaming eagle heavy breather so it was more based on looks.
    Did you have a Dyno Test Carried out?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    .........I am more than happy with bikes performance and soundtrack........
    Therein lies your answer. For you there would be no benefits whatsoever. Save your money for something you 'really feel the need for.' As time progresses and IF you ever feel the urge for a little more response and grunt in power and torque then go Stage 1, you will not need to dyno as you will notice the difference. Dyno figures whilst 'guarded' they are obtainable for many H-D models on USA based forums where rolling roads and dyno graph production is more prevalent.
    Last edited by K9F; 03-29-2017 at 11:00 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    2017 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Did you have a Dyno Test Carried out?
    Hi Ricko
    No I haven't, as I said my upgrade was purely based on my preference looks wise, fitted the exhaust a week or so ago but had to wait until last Sunday to get the tuning sorted, my bike has only done 500 miles and I wouldn't say the performance difference is anything to write home about but after a number of years in the motor trade I can assure you that if you add a small amount of power it's generally not that noticeable, but take it away and it's a different ballgame altogether.
    I would guess a lot of folks upgrade to individualise their bike rather than make it faster, just my thoughts !
    Adventure before Dementia !!

My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Its all about the sound really, A loud exhaust will sound more powerful,

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    This may go to moderation before appearing. Contained within the thread link are several dyno graphs for 883s before and after Stage 1. It will be variant on exactly what has been fitted with regards to heavy breather, exhausts etc. and the fact no two bikes are the same and ambient conditions on the day of the Dyno run. Nevertheless it will give you an inkling of what gains can be achievable and whether they are worth the expense perhaps?

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=752352
    Last edited by K9F; 03-30-2017 at 10:10 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Thanks for that K9F fact is better than assumption.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thanks for that K9F fact is better than assumption.
    Agree "a picture paints a thousand words" and more. Personally the exhausts and heavy breather were a 'must have' for me and a Stage 1 as a result, a necessity. My Breakout undoubtedly had oodles of torque and bags of power as standard but the upgrades were carried out before delivery.

The noticeable experiences for me of tuning on a motorcycle were with carburettor models when I had Dynojet installed together with a performance filter on one and conical K & Ns on the other.

Just a thought what does a dyno test cost?

In both the above cases the Dyno test was included in the pricing. Finding an advertising 'tuner' with a Dyno can be difficult and you need to ask if in fact they have one? There was for me a marked difference with Dynographs provided and gains were prominent as was the fuel consumption which also increased significantly as a result. With EFI tuning and it's effectiveness realistically the gains are also quite significant but without the increase in fuel consumption.

I assume that with all the files for differing scenarios contained in the various tuning modules available they have all been extensively tried and tested by the reputable suppliers on Dyno/Rolling Road facilities which would naturally negate the requirement for every user to have it Dyno tested for nothing more but personal curiosity and perhaps unnecessary personal cost?

In the USA dyno testing facilities seem to be as common as Tesco Express stores are over here. Hence the readily available information on most forums?
    Last edited by K9F; 03-30-2017 at 10:43 AM.

My Ride
    1450 fat boy
    Yes pays to have a dyno test to achieve ultimate setup, Big twins may be agricultural in some ways but keeping it at the right temperature when airflow is at a minimum around the motor is critical. I was curious to know how much a dyno cost! Having now done a Google on it it seems variant on time spent but you could say £200 - £300 would be a ball park average so worth it for a one off job I think. Thanks again for your first hand experience on this rather than the usual guessumptions!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricko For This Useful Post:

K9F (03-30-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    You're very welcome Ricko. I was editing and adding more as you submitted your last post and think really that a Dyno test may not be an absolute requirement perhaps in this technologically advanced world of ours with EFI models? On a carburettor models yes a Dyno is a must!
    Last edited by K9F; 03-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.