My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

Add a photo, how to.

Can you tell how to a pic to a thread, cheers

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    The way I normally do it is go through "manage attachments" after I've written my message, then go through choosing file, then attach. That's how it works on my kindle.
    FTW )

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hi Stewart,

Are you using a laptop?

I use a laptop, this is how I add photos to my posts.

In the quick reply box there is a toolbar across the top.

Click on the third from the right icon, that's the photo icon.

The insert image box will appear, it gives you two options for adding photos, "From Computer" and "From URL".

Click on the one you want to use, I normally use "From Computer".

Click on the "Select Files" button. Your picture files will appear in the box.

Select the photo that you want to upload, click on your selected photo and click on the "Open" button.

Your photo's code will then appear in the "Insert Image" box.

Click on the "Upload File(s)" button, your photo will then be uploaded to your post. Click on the "Post Quick Reply" button and your post and picture will be posted on the forums thread page.

To upload multiple photos, keep using the "Select Files" button until you've finished, then press the "Upload File(s)" button, your files will added to your post. You can add a maximum of ten photos in your post.

Click on the "Post Quick Reply" button and your message and photos are then posted on the forums thread page.

Hope that's helped you.

Dave.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 03-26-2017 at 07:01 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Dave's process is the same more or less as the one I too posted up to help someone out. Between the two methods you should be posting up images relatively quickly. You will need to create an album first to load your pictures in to. The process for that is also included below.

Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    You may be a computer Guru? Me I am a biff! Here is how to post photos if you should need to know how. Sorry if you find this insulting.

This is my method, apologies for the step by step guide but it took me a while to fathom it out before I was finally rewarded with success...

Go to 'Forum' tab between 'What's New' and 'Garage'

Then go to 'Community' between 'Calendar' and 'Forum Actions'

There is revealed a scroll down click on 'Albums' you should then be able to 'create an album folder'

To then upload files to it.....

Click on your created album folder and a sub-menu appears with an 'upload photo' prompt heading.

Click on 'upload photo' and a new pane opens. There is the statement at number 1. "Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below" and to the right of this an 'add files' icon with a green plus sign

Yet another pane opens and at the bottom middle is a 'select files' tab you can then select files from your computer

The pictures you select are placed in the previous pane and you then select the centre 'upload files' tab. The photos are uploaded and there is a blue status bar that indicates where you are in the process of uploading the photos selected

Once completed uploading close that pane

Your photos are now sat in a 'Pending Photos' pane on your album page

Just below this is a 'Save Changes' tab, click on this and your photos are transferred to your album.

There may well be a quick drag and drop method but this is the way I do it and it soon becomes a very quick process and it works for me!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (03-27-2017)