Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Ditto K9F, along with this pride thing my Maths/engineering background means I jokingly hear “isn’t that a bit OCD Steve” by the family & friends; but it just so happens I’m also the one everyone calls to come and fix things; domestic stuff (appliances, plumbing etc) or cars/bikes etc etc. Accuracy/precision plays a huge part; it’s just not seen and doesn’t get the credit/respect it deserves! And I totally agree, you look after these things, they in turn support you and overall costs are kept low!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    I don't use any of these type of products (other than WD40 which I sometimes use for cleaning).

I find that wiping down every so often with a decent cloth keeps everything OK but first I use a well used polishing cloth which is more or less impregnated with Auto-Glym resin polish.

I never hose down a bike and very rarely wash anything other than using a decent damp microfibre cloth.

But then I refuse to ride when the roads are wet, icy or muddy unless I get caught out by the weather. Its an age and a health thing - I can't afford to have an 'off'; even a slight one would cause me serious injury.

AL

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    I do not use ACF50 Summer time as the dust and pollen sticks to it. I use WD40 Summer time and Mr Sheen. As I do ride in the Winter ACF 50 as mentioned is WD40 on steroids and it ticks all my boxes and IMHO and experience there is nothing better or anything that comes close for durability on the market for those that do ride in Winter. I too cannot really afford a spill so my Winter riding days are chosen really carefully on the Harley. Once salt gets dumped that’s usually it unless there is lots of rain to wash it away. The other bike will undoubtedly get quite a hammering this Winter but that too has been ACFd.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    I try to avoid bad weather and if I get caught, I will give my bike a wash/gentle hose down. But those products mentioned WD40, a Mr Sheen a winter Oil ACF50 all serve a good purpose. My engine cases have the black denim finish so after a clean I also spray the cases and fins with a good silicon spray which restores that “wet-look”.
    Last edited by steveket; 11-19-2018 at 01:26 PM.