Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE

Acf-50 frequency

Hi guys, just a general question and I would like your opinions..

If you have acf-50 how often do you apply it to your bike?? If you use other products that are similar in use ( water/ rust repellant ) how often do you apply these products?

From my understanding a acf-50 does not need to be applied that much as it creates a barrier to prevent rust etc that lasts quite a bit of time?

I would appreciate any comments on this and the reasons as to why you might be different into the applications of these repellants/inhibitors

Many thanks again.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    Hi guys, just a general question and I would like your opinions..

If you have acf-50 how often do you apply it to your bike?? If you use other products that are similar in use ( water/ rust repellant ) how often do you apply these products?

From my understanding a acf-50 does not need to be applied that much as it creates a barrier to prevent rust etc that lasts quite a bit of time?

I would appreciate any comments on this and the reasons as to why you might be different into the applications of these repellants/inhibitors

Many thanks again.

It should provide a barrier for about 18mths . I give the bike a good covering every 3mths or so and give the fasteners and exposed metal a wipe over with it in between times.
    FTW )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

Dod (01-29-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    It purely depends entirely on bike usage and environmental conditions and of course user preference. I use my bike in the Winter quite regularly. A gentle wash down and wipe means this time of year especially it gets another coating and wipe off of excess every time I use it of ACF50.

WD40 on steroids is the only way to describe this worthy product.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster c
    Is gt85 a good alternative? Just Halfords have it for£2 a can

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post

There are a few forum members that use gt85 and swear by it also..pretty sure bluenose first mentioned it..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post

I have used many products and found lots of them to be very good. Affordability and other factors already mentioned such as motorcycle usage and environment influence personal choice. Having only recently discovered ACF50 me personally I won't be returning back to anything else soon.
    If the bike is laid up in the Winter and never sees a spot of rain or road dirt in the other months a cheaper alternative may be fine?
    Last edited by K9F; 01-29-2017 at 09:27 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    I have used many products and found lots of them to be very good. Affordability and other factors already mentioned such as motorcycle usage and environment influence personal choice. Having only recently discovered ACF50 me personally I won't be returning back to anything else soon.
    If the bike is laid up in the Winter and never sees a spot of rain or road dirt in the other months a cheaper alternative may be fine?
    I agree, I've been using it over the last year. My bike had a liberal coating of it and when it was at dealers waiting for a new tyre, it sat outside in the worst rain of the spring. Kept bike very well protected. My Harley is most expensive bike I've bought, don't see point in cutting corners with keeping it in good Nick.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    I have used FS365 for the past 6L of it

It is a rust repellant that works to neutralise the pH of salt and grim etc. It also creates a barrier so muck comes off easier.

I apply it after a wash or wet run - just spray wherever I can that isn't tires or breaks.

I ride 300miles a week on my StreetBob and have found the need for reapplication a pain in the ass!

I'll be giving ACF 50 a go. A very thorough wash of the bike, followed by a lathering of ACF. Then I will leave it until summer comes.
    I ain't got the time to wash it, nor do I want to

I'm willing to pay the extra cash for ACF and the convenience.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tash For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (01-30-2017)

My Ride
    Intruder 1800
    Hello, New to this forum. I have used ACF50 for years on all my bikes and its excellant. Completely different from GT85 and WD40 as it does not dry out. It uses capilliary action to creep into all the crevices. Its top drawer stuff IMO.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Intruderman View Post
    Hello, New to this forum. I have used ACF50 for years on all my bikes and its excellant. Completely different from GT85 and WD40 as it does not dry out. It uses capilliary action to creep into all the crevices. Its top drawer stuff IMO.
    Couldn't agree more. I've used various things over the years, nothing comes close to acf 50.
    FTW )