Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: custom project

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson street bob

custom project

Hey guys,

I have a 2017 street bob and I am thinking of getting the bike fully customized. While I can do some of the work myself, I am looking for a guy around London for the hardest part of the job. I only know Warr's has a custom shop but they are pricey to say the least.

Do you guys know anyone good anywhere near London whether it's a shop or a guy doing it during spare time?

Thanks
    Jeremy

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Hey, sorry I can't help as I live in Scotland but I do think there are a few guys on this site from the London area who will probably be able to answer your question...there is a guy called 100th monkey who comes from London I think who might be able to help you..

He is usually online most days, so give it time and you will hopefully get an answer from him or someone else.

Good luck with your project and post some pictures up of your project...should make good reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

jeremyhui (12-07-2016)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Jeremy,

A warm welcome to the forum from The wilds of Pennine West Yorkshire.

Sorry I can't help you with any customisers in London, I've only been there twice and I didn't like it, I never went back. London's too busy for a country boy like me.

35ec4e7f95942266dc5f09cc0f06b7d5.jpg

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Welcome tae the forum fae Fife. How much customising are you looking at?.

You could try Hogbitz in Essex, or Krazy Horse also have a shop in London. Don't know about pricing, but both do quality work. You also try Snobs customs in West London, Untitled Motorcycles in Hampstead. Bit out of the way for you is also Shaw Speed and Custom down Brighton way. Hope some of this is of use to you.
    Last edited by Whistler; 12-07-2016 at 11:31 PM.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Thanks, do you guys know anyone who does it on the side?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Hi Jeremy, welcome to the forum from Bournemouth. I am very interested to hear what your full customisation plans are for a 2017 machine? Is this an imminent customisation outside the normal boundaries or pipes/stage 1 and a few add-ons that won't compromise your warranty? Doing it on the side can have serious consequences as I am sure you may be well-aware? Warrs also have very mixed reviews and I would personally go elsewhere anyway.
    Engine upgrades can be done in-house at the dealers all warranted but as you know this all comes at a premium. Looking forward to hearing your plans if you care to share!

Last edited by K9F; 12-10-2016 at 07:15 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    I was thinking exhaust, powder coating of a few parts and maybe chopping the rear fender a little (reason for looking for the extra person) to start with.... but i'd be interested on his/hers point of view to go a little more outside the box too...

My Ride
    '12 WideGlide, 05 XB9 Buell, 52 Pan,
    Hi Jeremy, Krazy Horse aren't cheap but they are very good, If you have a brand new Street Bob I reckon quality work is priority over price...

I use their shop in Bury St Edmunds for parts and coffee and rate them highly, no BS and always top advice. Although I have not actually had any work done by them i know folk that have and they all recommend them.
    K9F has a good point about the warranty, I would check that out first if I had a 2017 bike, but I don't, I have a bunch of older stuff that I can do whatever the hell I like with!
    You know you're getting old when your classic motorcycle wasn't when you bought it...

My Ride
    Road King Special
    There is a guy on Youtube who is having his 48 customised at a place in Horsham which is not too far. No idea if it is any good but maybe a bit more cost effective than the Kings Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9B...scfZdyDIFOqRgx

RB Kustom - http://www.rbkustoms.com/

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty View Post
    There is a guy on Youtube who is having his 48 customised at a place in Horsham which is not too far. No idea if it is any good but maybe a bit more cost effective than the Kings Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9B...scfZdyDIFOqRgx

RB Kustom - http://www.rbkustoms.com/
    Send newbrider a message on his most recent YouTube post..he usually tries to reply to all the posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk