Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Kings!

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Looks almost like the touring sportster model.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    FXDP "Dyna Defender"
    I've seen those FXDP bags go for over a grand.
    They're quite rare and a sought after items in the club style dyna world.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    This is a BARGAIN, spray the fenders black, put on a nice seat and a decent Harley tank logo and the bike is transformed. It has a Rev counter also. The Police bikes are obviously a tad cheaper for some reason having seen four for sale now cheaper than a standard Road King despot all the extras on them. The dealerships must buy them cheaper and they will have a smaller market to sell on!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-...-king/7664550/

16 plate, 5.500 miles, £12,750. This one doesn,t have all the bells and whistles but it,s still 2k minimum cheaper than a standard Road King and it Doesn,t shout Police bike... So tempting but would rather wait for an M8, there will be a drop in value of this old 103 model also.
    Last edited by Zagato; 11-22-2016 at 04:44 PM.

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    What did I say! 103 engine models will be cheaper now the new model has come out...

A brand new M8 RK Classic is now over £19.500 but this brand new 16 plate but old 103 engine version is £16,600 . from the maidstone Harley dealership if anyone fancies a bargain...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Harle...3D282244271082

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    It really depends on how much 'worth' you place on the new M8 engine, together with desire and budget? A bargain to one may be regarded as a 'lesser' vehicle by others. The 103 engine was regarded as new in 2012 as it replaced the 96 engine. What's to say in a couple of years perhaps Zagato when you have what you need to buy your new M8 hearted Road King that in less than two years after that the M8 engine could theoretically then also be yesterday's news?

Irrespective of what engine is fitted you can guarantee that it will have heritage and soul regardless!
    Last edited by K9F; 11-22-2016 at 08:07 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Think I'd save the dosh and get the 103. I'd wait until the m8 has been out a year or two to get out the inevitable gremlins worked out that you usually get with new engines/models.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    Having seen the reviews and reactions of people that own the 103 then try the M8 I will definitely be waiting for the M8. The new engine has noticeably more power and pull, much less vibration, is smoother and cooler with it,s oil cooled heads. It,s also not just about the new Milwauki engine, the RK now has a Hydraulic clutch, smoother less clunky gearbox both of which were revelations to old 103 riders. It also has improved handlebar shape, and all the other things listed previously in the thread such as better brakes and the new suspension so the RK doesn,t bottom out anymore. The brakes and suspension in particular were the last two major things HD had to sort out for the RK to go back on top of the pile against competion from Indian!

I am still saving with a plan to get one next year and will be calling HD today about the Police bikes, they may have one for me next year. No rush, I have waited twenty years for a Harley...

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Competition from Indian?

That did make me laugh! Indian's have a notoriously poor finish with regards to paint and harsher climes. Maybe ok in the arid conditions of the Mohave/Arizona deserts but bring one to Blighty and the paint especially on the fenders peels off in chunks in no time at all. I have seen several examples less than 5 years old that look appalling as a result.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    In Florida this year the Harley marquee was about 50% busier than both the victory and Indian equivalent. Speaks volumes. Re the M8 engine. It's to early to tell how much better, if at all it will be in terms of real mileage. The hype is very positive and potentially it'll be a huge step forward if it's as good as they say.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    This video review is the norm showing the excitement that the new Milwauki eight engine gives it,s riders. They are quite shocked how good it is over the 103 engine as well as the braking and suspension Improvements. It's meant to be a hell of a bike compared to previous Road Kings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=USVhdG0YHRM

gonna be a long wait until I can get one next year but worth it...
    Last edited by Zagato; 11-26-2016 at 08:41 PM.