Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    V.I.B Contributor Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Posts
    283
    Thanked: 45

    Question Forum Ranking System

    I don't even know if to call it that.

    Basically, I noticed I got 2 viking heads instead of one next to my name.
    I'm also now a senior member.

    So, my question is:
    What are the viking heads, I don't know what they mean or what they do but I want them all.
    I'm assuming the member 'rank' gets changed with the posts I make, so quantity and not necessarily quality. Correct?

    What are the ranks that one goes through? Admin, Super Moderator, Member, Senior Member and VIB Contributor are the ones I've seen so far.

    It would be cool to understand the 'ins and outs' of this whole thing.

    I can't be the only one wondering.

    Thanks.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

  2. #2
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,784
    Thanked: 842
    It's post count dependant. Once you get three if gives you poetic license to rape and pillage with want abandon your nearest village.......Apparently?


    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,589
    Thanked: 294
    I am away to yorkshire then to plunder the cheap bike maintenance stuff

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    V.I.B Contributor Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Posts
    283
    Thanked: 45
    Holy damn... so what does 5 like you have get ya?

    'But your honour I have 3 viking heads on Harley Forums UK' probably won't be a get out of jail card....
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

  5. #5
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,784
    Thanked: 842
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    'But your honour I have 3 viking heads on Harley Forums UK' probably won't be a get out of jail card....
    Oh it does most definitely.........Apparently!

    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  6. #6
    V.I.B Contributor Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Posts
    283
    Thanked: 45
    Would you look at that, I just got promoted to 3 viking heads.
    I think i might celebrate today by pillaging a town or two.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

  7. #7
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,784
    Thanked: 842
    Go for it Tash. Take some photos whilst you're at it! Don't fancy your chances of a clean getaway on the 125 though?


    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Streetbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob
    Posts
    485
    Thanked: 195
    I think I can answer it, Viking heads goes up according to how many posts you've made as does the rank member, senior member etc. Admin is the forum owner Bosken who is all powerful, a moderator can have certain permissions to edit and delete posts etc, A Super moderator (me) has god like powers to create, delete, amend and banish souls to the bottomless pit of eternal doom and VIB contributor are those that have been kind enough to make a donation to the forum. The forum is powered by Vbulletin software. hope that helps

    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    I don't even know if to call it that.

    Basically, I noticed I got 2 viking heads instead of one next to my name.
    I'm also now a senior member.

    So, my question is:
    What are the viking heads, I don't know what they mean or what they do but I want them all.
    I'm assuming the member 'rank' gets changed with the posts I make, so quantity and not necessarily quality. Correct?

    What are the ranks that one goes through? Admin, Super Moderator, Member, Senior Member and VIB Contributor are the ones I've seen so far.

    It would be cool to understand the 'ins and outs' of this whole thing.

    I can't be the only one wondering.

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    V.I.B Contributor Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Posts
    283
    Thanked: 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetbob View Post
    Viking heads goes up according to how many posts you've made as does the rank member
    I think you just ruined my dreams of becoming a Viking. I think it's too late for K9F though.

    Thanks for the reply!

    I was wondering about the VIB Contributor the most. I gathered that the heads and rank come with number of posts, but couldnt place the VIB anywhere.

    Thanks again.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

  10. #10
    Senior Member K9F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Posts
    2,784
    Thanked: 842
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    I think it's too late for K9F though.
    On remand, in Crown Court next week. I am going to appeal!

    IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •