View Poll Results: Would you be happy with the quality?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

Sportser - Iron 883 Tank Design

Recently had a tiny dent on the top of my tank. Was told it'd be cheaper to fix the dent and put my own design on to it.

Check out the below design I supplied and the finished product. Would you be happy? Comment not on the design, but whether the design has been properly painted onto the tank.

Capture.JPG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London-Iron-883 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (09-23-2016)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Are you happy with it?

It's what you think that counts, not what anyone else thinks.

If your not happy with it take it back to the painter and have it re-done.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 09-23-2016 at 01:56 PM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    But do you think they did a good job of painting the design on to the tank? I'm questioning the accuracy, dimensions and quality. Would have loved it, had it have been spot on.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    The Harley-Davidson is too large compared to the wings, The lettering looks fuzzy, not sure if that's due to the artist or the poor quality of your photo.

The whole design is too low on the tank, it could have done with being 1/2" higher up the tank.

The tooth on the right of the skull looks to be missing.

The whole design looks wishy washy in colour, not brilliant white like the original design, but so is the stock Harley paint job.

I wasn't happy with this job on my own Iron's tank, I thought the design was too large for the tank, so I had it re-sprayed and affixed metal tank badges instead.

IMG_20150523_160615 (2).jpg 75da4607b9d444a7859ee60a11c77191 (4).jpg

You're obviously not happy with the artists work, if you were you wouldn't be asking for other peoples opinion on it. I'd talk to the artist about your issues with the design.

Remember that the fuel tank is the first thing that people look at on a motorcycle, it sets the pace for their opinion of the rest of machine.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 09-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    I agree with the fact, if your not happy, which your clearly not, you need to go back to the artist.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Thanks for the feedback!

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    The original design will always look 'jaded' against your original as the original is on a black background not grey denim. I fully concur with what Dave and Whistler have stated, the lettering needs to be smaller or the wings a bit larger and the shadowing on the skull is different IMHO. To the untrained eye it looks fine but it must 'sit well' with your conscience and nobody else's really.

Nevertheless I have voted a 'no' but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by K9F; 09-23-2016 at 09:46 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    I would take it back to the artist purely for the fact that the hyphon/Davidson is not central. That would get on my OCD nerves too much!

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Well I never! Hi Zag glad to see you've taken the plunge or rather are dipping your toe in the water and have made the migration from the 'other forum' we are acquainted from.

A hearty and warm welcome from me. Cerberith who is on here also is a well known established member on the 4X4 forum from whence we came too. Welcome Buddy.

The chat we had on the forum has now come to fruition if you're tempted?

http://harleyforum.org.uk/showthread...ly-Low-Mileage

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Saving for a RK
    Hi Mal, yeah obsessing about Harley,s again. Watching videos every evening etc etc you know the score lol. I have looked at your mates Road King soon after you put it up, it really is very nice and a VERY good price, I would definitley have a stab at that if it was next year. I have got to get my SAAB 96 back on the road this winter and hope to do it on the cheap then hope to save up enough to do some kind of finance on a RK. PCP seems nuts to me unless you are using it as a daily drive, probably cheaper to rent one occasionally so just hp or a straight loan would do. Not sure what the difference is between both, need to look into it with Steve at Guildford. I know folks that do PCP on cars and it works for them!

I still have the Harley brochures from 1998 when I worked around the corner from Warrs in Mottingham, it,s been a long wait but hopefully in the next couple of years I can save enough to get a Harley with a smaller loan for a Road King Classic. The ex demo at Maidstone branch is a very good price, have told them to get a Classic next year so I can have it . Think I would always go the extra couple of grand and get a new one though. It would be a keeper... How often do we say that!!!