Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    My Ride
    Iron 2016
    Mine is 5 months old and the bottom padding next to the strap has peeled away to form a small rip about an inch long on one side. I took it into Swansea Harley today. They said they had seen a few Bell 500's like that! They photographed the problem and are submitting it under a warranty claim. Watch this space to see what happens!
    HELMET-BELL-GREY-STAR-RETRO-3-4-EC-98320-15E-640x480.jpg
    I pointed out that my 4 year old Shoei helmet is on the same head and is not marked at all!

My Ride
    Iron 2016
    Success! My above claim has been upheld and they have offered to replace the helmet f.o.c. I told Swansea Harley I had lost confidence in the product so they said when the replacement comes in, I give them my old helmet and I can choose another to the same value (£107) So today I reserved one of these:
    98308-17vx__1__67054.1472244545.1280.1280.jpg
    Harley Delton (£169) It is really comfy and the drop down visor should be a real advantage at speed. Hope to collect it next week. Cost me another sixty odd quid but this is a Harley and not Bell 500 (whatever that means!) and seems a better helmet all round. Will report back when I have given it a road test - if it ever stops raining round here!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Nice result, congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Glider View Post
    Success! My above claim has been upheld and they have offered to replace the helmet f.o.c. I told Swansea Harley I had lost confidence in the product so they said when the replacement comes in, I give them my old helmet and I can choose another to the same value (£107) So today I reserved one of these:
    98308-17vx__1__67054.1472244545.1280.1280.jpg
    Harley Delton (£169) It is really comfy and the drop down visor should be a real advantage at speed. Hope to collect it next week. Cost me another sixty odd quid but this is a Harley and not Bell 500 (whatever that means!) and seems a better helmet all round. Will report back when I have given it a road test - if it ever stops raining round here!
    Nice result, and lid. I have a Harley half face lid, good quality. Think the bell helmets are good as well.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson SOFTAIL
    Shark also make helmets for HD and I have to say Im not impressed with mine open face HD logo looks great, but vent on top rattles like mad even at 30 mph, took it back to HD they offered to exchange for another .produced one from stock same type and that was the same. so they just blamed the shark design, but surely HD dictate the quality. anyway I kept the helmet as I like the general look and tape the vent on long journeys. I was at the Motorbike live show at the NEC Birmingham and spotted HD helmets 5 types of same design and shark make and all had vents that rattle. I paid £179.00 for the helmet so was not a cheap one nor was it the most expensive but I reckon they got this very wrong. Will not buy HD again.

My Ride
    '12 WideGlide, 05 XB9 Buell, 52 Pan,
    Well good service from the dealership, but not great news for Bell owners! I'll keep an eye on mine but so far so good Fingers crossed!
    You know you're getting old when your classic motorcycle wasn't when you bought it...

My Ride
    Iron 2016
    Finished mine off for the winter today - bought an Oxford face mask.

Works pretty good. Better than the ugly sod behind the mask! Managed a few miles. Still pretty cold ......man's weather

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Glider For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (11-30-2016)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 11-30-2016 at 12:55 AM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson road king custom 2005
    I use an open face lid,all ways have done but I've a xjr1300 and for that use an Arai full face.ive got an old open face lid that's absolutely fucked.the interior held together with gaffer tape,hence this is why I have stopped using it.i bought a Matt black open face lid for my harley paid 80 quid.one thing I can say about my old open face lid is the comfort and look ,not loads of padding at the sides of your cheeks,another thing is the interior was all leather.Q.... I've looked everywhere to get a leather interior open face lid that fits well and hasn't got loads of padding at the sides of your cheeks .Has anyone seen or got one and can put me on to one.?cheers skid

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL1200L
    Crash hats have a life span?
    DOH!
    Better stop wearing my Kangol then.
    Attached Images Attached Images