Harley-Davidson
    Excellent

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Is this going ahead or what?

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Softail Heritage Classic
    Hi All,

Sorry I've been offline - been riding my new Heritage Softail and attending biking events/rally's/shows etc.

We'll need to get hold of some source data - member names, locations and bikes for a map feature to go ahead and be some use.

1. Where will the member/location/bike information come from?
    Do we ask this forums webmaster to periodically release a list of members? If so, each member will have to opt-in. That means a co-ordination job for someone to manage this process.

2. If the forum webmaster cannot/will not release this information (perfectly understandable and acceptable), how do we get the member information? Ask each member to enter it on a website somewhere? That would necessitate the creation of a website, with user logins, password management and a user profile database.
    Not difficult to do at all but being a new website, it will not be easily found amoung the many other (very good) Harley Davidson websites online. The best way to be found is for those forums/website to link back to this new member site. Again, a job for someone to manage this.

3. A third option would be to simply message me your information and I'll update the map monthly or quarterly. Again, you would message to withdraw your information from the map. I'd need to be sure we weren't breaking forum T's and C's by harvesting member information.

Hope this all makes sense and hopefully prompts some discussion. As I've said in previous posts, this map is a technical demo to show it could be done, for free and quickly. We just need to ensure we get accurate member information somehow otherwise the map is useless.

If the forum admins read this maybe they could contribute some points, a blessing or otherwise.

I'm quite happy to do the map but I do need good information to work with! Also, if anyone else with technical skills/interest has other ideas, please do put your hand up; my map was a contribution to the original discussion.

All the best and would welcome suggestions.

Sassman
    Last edited by Sassman; 08-17-2016 at 08:01 AM.

My Ride
    As long as you don't want my sort code, d.o.b, account number, full address and my national insurance number I am ok with it lol

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    As long as you don't want my sort code, d.o.b, account number, full address and my national insurance number I am ok with it lol
    The amount of info required for a members map should be minimal. I think username and nearest town / city is quite ample.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannymassive For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-28-2016), Tash (08-29-2016)

My Ride
    Yeah Danny, I was joking...i get the feeling this thread is running at snails pace..I believe bosken is the admin, but alas no input from him or streetbob who I believe is a moderator...sassman has offered to do it but not so without permission..IMG_0794.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Guess we will just have to bide time! I'm sure it will process at some point in the near future.

My Ride
    I guess so...I just think it would be kinda interesting to get a rough idea of where everyone is at...

My Ride
    Dyna FXDB Street-Bob
    Why is this so complicated?

Can't you just use a portal such as zeemaps, post a link in a thread and ask people to add themselves?

Tag: [name or whatever]
    Ride [2 wheels with an engine]

that's it.
    'You are more well balanced and mature than your first post suggested.'

My Ride
    As said before , it's not that difficult but it is just waiting approval from the site administrator I guess