Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Without continuing to rain on your parade Sooty. The Chinese copies are not legal either! Read into it what you will but with regards to any unfortunate incident the ramifications could be heavy? On a bike that may be worth many thousands is it really worth scrimping with regards to lighting/indicators?

Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    To be road legal in the UK all vehicle obligatory lights have to be type approved or E marked. No ifs, no buts, no E mark they are illegal.. Chinese light copies have featured prominently in the 4x4 world, experience dictates with lighting they're cheap for a reason often with inferior LEDs, high failure rates and poor protection against moisture ingress. At a glance the ones depicted do claim IP 67 but not sure why they say they are 75 watts? They should draw less current than a standard incandescent unit not more, whilst providing a higher lumen output. In the event of causing or being involved in an accident having illegal lights can have serious further reaching implications. Buy approved/E marked or stick with what you have.
    Your bikes....your choice!
    Last edited by K9F; 03-12-2017 at 03:58 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I found these LED running / spotlamps on ebay they seem ok for £26.99. They're designed for the Royal Enfield Bullet, so I assume they are made in India.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg