Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    FLSS
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    I think not!

He is a self-styled aficionado who asked over 2000 questions before buying a Land Rover himself, selling shortly afterwards and setting himself up as an 'expert.' I wish him well as he saw a business opportunity and exploited it to the max. His going rate is over £600 (March this year when someone asked me for advice) to rust proof a Defender 90 to a 'fellow' forum member? You go figure it is daylight robbery for the time and products used in my book and I advised as such.

(Off topic..Just got back from MOT on the truck....sailed through. Had only covered 1,300 miles since the last MOT)
    Indeed - I remember all his questions, and then the selling to fund another boat. I met him a few times and he seemed a nice guy.

I've not been on there so much since I sold the 110 - I'm JSG on there rather than Cerberith.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Remember you vividly especially from the earlier days on there. Welcome back on here JSG! I still have my 90 but there's nothing much new on there to captivate my interest any more. Now Harley Davidson that's another story. This forum is quite small and as such has a nice community spirit if you stick with it. It's a bit quiet for some as you know and they unfortunately appear to move on, I nearly did myself. I have come to like it and 'the usual suspects' are a decent lot! If you come across Smithy give him one of these and say you knew me elsewhere, he WILL appreciate it and think it funny.

Last edited by K9F; 06-10-2016 at 04:37 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    FLSS
    Yes it used to be good - I got to the point where the 110 wasn't working for me as a daily vehicle. Too thirsty and couldn't fit some of the car parks I used, plus at two and half years old the bulkhead was showing signs of corrosion despite injecting it with waxoyl at two days old ...

I sold it to free some cash up for a Sportster for my wife and the previous Harley for me. I'd like a 90 or another Series as a third car but to be honest not sure I could justify it.

And all the money I save not buying stuff for the Defender I haven't saved ... it just goes on stuff for the Harley instead.

It's nice to see this forum with some life in it - back in April 2014 when I joined it was just tumbleweed. Seems good now though.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    I decided that I was where I wanted to be with the 90 and stop spending. The idea was to buy a 48 with stage 1 and short shots and not have to spend out on it. Bottom line is it's become more of a 'cash cow' than the Defender. The clothing I have bought (£130 on two pairs of gloves, a second hand jacket from Bluenose and £180 on a waistcoat in the last month alone) beggars belief when you add it up. Also my wish list is a mile long. When the weather is bad I find myself leafing through the parts catalogue and buying stuff I don't really need. The 'Harley Experience' is still new to me but in a short amount of time I have had some fantastic experiences, met some interesting like-minded people and made some great acquaintances most of whom sadly I will probably never meet from on here.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    FLSS
    Totally agree - I try not to add up what I spend on Harley stuff lol

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I know what you mean about spending money on Harley parts. I lost count of how much I've spent on mine years ago.

Top Funny Motivational Quotes (126).jpg
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 06-19-2016 at 06:01 PM.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I use this stuff, SAS 20, I get it from Huddersfield Auto Jumble for £2 for a 500ml can. It does every thing that WD40 does plus more as it contains PTFE. It's made in Yorkshire too.

IMG_20160619_180246.jpgIMG_20160619_180220.jpg

b9fe4e899446902eeaafa5b43b94ee11.jpg
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 06-19-2016 at 06:19 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    ........,. It's made in Yorkshire too.
    In which case the fat content will be well over the BMC recommendations for daily intake, it'll clog your arteries and send you to a premature demise.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    In which case the fat content will be well over the BMC recommendations for daily intake, it'll clog your arteries and send you to a premature demise.

You're thinking of a Yorkshire breakfast Mal,

18568-main-img.jpg

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    No fat is involved in the making of this great Yorkshire anti-corrosion product :- SAS 20.

sas%20attack%20maintenance%20spray.jpgsas%20maintenance%20spray.jpg