Page 2 of 287 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    top man.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    @Smithy.....I would have taken the car.

I didn't actually do anything on my Harley today, however I did get to leaf through the accessory catalogue. I like the idea knowing what my oil running temperature is so I am going to get one of these.....part number 63023-05. Saw one in Poole Quay on a tricked up 48 and like the idea/concept.

http://www.lakesideharley-davidson.c.../63023-05-dw01

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48
    IMG_2310.jpg

Ride out to the Norfolk coast this morning, got soaked on the way back but not too cold.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyrattle For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (01-06-2016), Trevor the Toad (01-03-2016)

Banned
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post

I didn't actually do anything on my Harley today, however I did get to leaf through the accessory catalogue. I like the idea knowing what my oil running temperature is so I am going to get one of these.....part number 63023-05. Saw one in Poole Quay on a tricked up 48 and like the idea/concept.

http://www.lakesideharley-davidson.c.../63023-05-dw01
    yes quite a handy little device and just swap fit,,, i have seen them for a lot less than that price, iirc it was less than 20 £,, maybe on ebay .
    Last edited by 749s; 01-03-2016 at 09:21 PM.

My Ride
    05 H-D Dyna FXDCI
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Unfortunately one does not pocess a car license yet, will do it soon kinda difficulty an illegal to get 3 kids and a wife on my bike.

So what did I do today on my Harley, well decided I would brave the damn weather again and drop mother off to pick up her bike, her bike started fine so I followed behind her on the way home, all was going well until she decided to ride through a big puddle and yep you guessed it her little 50cc chinese moped dies, couldnt get it started again so its now kinda sitting in a back garden of an empty house in browston, I need to source a van or someone with bike trailer too pick it up for her

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Only a little thing....

Rear number plate looked like an aircraft air-brake. Measured it and it was indeed the minimum size for a motorcycle. Ordered a new one with raised carbon lettering, black border, St Georges flag and 'K9F Forty Eight' written underneath. Despite it being the same size with the reduction in yellow it doesn't look quite so humongous. Got the same design albeit without the 'Forty Eight' on the Land Rover.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    05 H-D Dyna FXDCI
    I wanted a smaller plate on my bike but my pipes are a bit loud and I didn't want another excuse for the old bill to pull me over.

So today I decided it was dry enough to take my 8 year old to school on the bike however as soon as I removed the cover yep the sky decides to open up, still took him to school on it but that was as far as I went , wifey was a bit gutted we only get to ride out together for a couple of hours in the morning and shes desperate to get back on the bike as the bike has been pretty much tucked up since kids were off for xmas. Oh well lets see what tomorrow shall bring.
    When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Smithy,

Best not to get a small registration plate, it's not worth the hassle of getting pulled by the Old Bill. I was pulled for having a small plate on my Triumph T160V Trident in 1982, the Traffic Cop warned me, If I didn't go straight home and refit the original plate, he'd book me for having an illegal reg plate. They are keener today than they were then.

I've noticed that not many Harley riders get pulled over noise, it's accepted that Harley's are noisy machines, and the noise they make is less annoying than Jap fours or Stink Wheels with Expansion Pipes.

I had Python III slip-on mufflers fitted to my "Iron", an elderly neighbour complained about the noise when I set off for work at 6am, so I refitted the original mufflers, after the next M.O.T. I'll be putting the Pythons back on, I like the throaty sound they make. I'll also install my "Screamin' Eagle" Race Tuner to compensate the fuelling.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 01-06-2016 at 09:58 PM.

My Ride
    05 H-D Dyna FXDCI
    I use to worry about neighbours, but hey I got a Harley and and a reputation to uphold

Its funny how people have this mentality about Harley riders, I guess its mainly hollywood's fault but may as well take advantage of it once in a blue moon
    When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Andy,

I've noted that you have a Motherwell rack fitted to your "Forty Eight". I have one on my "Iron", they are a lot neater than the genuine Harley effort and I like the way it follows the curve of the rear fender. The Harley one juts out horizontally and it has ugly mounting struts.

Motherwell 1.
    Harley-Davidson 0.