Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284
Results 2,831 to 2,836 of 2836
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson iRON 883
    I had a decent 4 hour bimble around Dartmoor today, suicide animals all over the place, this is why its 40 mph on the moor, the new indicator extender caps are great, no more stretching or looking for the switch, only down side, a quick blast back home along the A38 at 80 - 90mph and because I wear prescription sunglasses my eyes watered so much I could hardly see, the Iron for some reason is the 'windiest' bike I've ever ridden.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL883R
    Thanks guys, yes I'm really enjoying it, and it goes really well for an 883. Weather looks fine tomorrow so a trip to the Green Welly and back should get the shine off the tyres. By then I'll have decided if it needs a fork brace or not. I had thought of a front progressive spring kit, but to be honest I don't think it needs it, and the budget rear Ohlins are great at soaking up the bumps - even with a skinny seat. Best summer since '76 I think.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    I had a decent 4 hour bimble around Dartmoor today, suicide animals all over the place, this is why its 40 mph on the moor, the new indicator extender caps are great, no more stretching or looking for the switch, only down side, a quick blast back home along the A38 at 80 - 90mph and because I wear prescription sunglasses my eyes watered so much I could hardly see, the Iron for some reason is the 'windiest' bike I've ever ridden.
    Sounds like a good ride. I agree with the wind issue on the Iron, not sure why. I use sunglasses with the foam round the frame, reduces the watery eyes. You can get your script lenses fitted to these glasses.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson iRON 883
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Sounds like a good ride. I agree with the wind issue on the Iron, not sure why. I use sunglasses with the foam round the frame, reduces the watery eyes. You can get your script lenses fitted to these glasses.
    I will have to look into your foam idea, ebay? I have 'prescription' Ray ban Aviators at the moment, £18 for a scratched pair off ebay and new £90 prescription lenses fitted to them at Specsavers.

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Finally got my shorter bolts (4 weeks waiting, seemed like a year) so I can take off my sissy bar and saddle bag brackets. I’ve been riding around with these on and it looked a bit stupid. Fairly straight forward job except the indicator bolts retract inwards and wont come out because the tyre gets in the way. Had to take off both shocks so the swingarm would lower the wheel. Put it back together but realised I’d forgotten to put the indicator bolt back in on the other side whilst the wheel was low, so off come the shocks again, I’m now very skilled with my motorcycle jack. Practice makes perfect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (Yesterday)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Went to kingdom bike night tonight on the bike....not a lot of people there but guessing it’s partly due to it being raining earlier on and also the start of the fair fortnight as we call it so a lot of folk will be on their holidays.

Managed to catch up with another Harley rider who has an iron and also an old primary school friend and his Mrs and seen some lovely bikes that did appear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk