Page 1 of 287 1231151101 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT

What Did You Do On Your Harley Davidson Today?

Thought I would start a thread for anyone to add to, be it a modification, ride out or just a little fettling, tweak or clean!

The forecast was fine today so I thought I would venture out, was the furthest I've been to date, also had the opportunity to 'give it some beans' impressive and still comfortable at speed. Went to Swanage via Wareham and returned via Corfe Castle and got the chain ferry back to Sandbanks. Stopped off at Poole Quay and was delighted to get chatting with two other Harley owners another with a tricked up 48. Great ride out and due to work, forthcoming family commitments and probable weather decline it may be a while before my next one? Spent an hour cleaning it down as got a little road spray on it from the damper roads where the water was running off the fields. Also forced a small piece of 19mm fuel resistant pipe with a little heatshrink on the stand to give it a little more purchase on harder surfaces.

Couple of photos one at Swanage and another on the ferry.

Last edited by K9F; 12-28-2015 at 02:58 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-01-2016)

Banned
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    liking that bike mate,, i can see there are few change there from my '13 model,, thicker fork stantions and different rear shocks, gives a nice chunky look to the front,,,,, alloy wheels instead of the silly spoked ones, and pillion pegs even if no seat,,,,, yep looking good,,, how do you clean it, do you have a jet wash ,,, ( why no photos of the tricked out 48 )
    oh,, i didnt even look at mine !! been a horrible cold grey wet windy day here..( been out looking at poss car purchase for the wife )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 749s For This Useful Post:

K9F (12-28-2015)

My Ride
    Street Bob Special
    Yes looking good K9F.

In this weather I put the bike away dirty as long as it's dry, rather than it sitting wet all night.

Today I threw a bucket of water over it to get the mud off, went for a couple of hours ride, and put
    it away dirty again! Overcast but dry.

Weather looks good here tomorrow so I might cruise down to Walton on Naze to the Tea Bar, about
    60 miles. If anyone fancies it I might leave about 10am, pm me and I'll give you my mobile no.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trevor the Toad For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-01-2016), K9F (12-28-2015)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thanks for your comments both of you.

749s the tricked up 48 was a 2014 model with different 3 gallon tank and paint, bars, rear controls, oil filler cap had a temperature gauge in it, leather seat, Vance and Hines short shots and lots more, he was just shooting off as I arrived and we only spoke for about 5 minutes. He had fitted the short shots and heavy breather without any ECU tuning modifications and said it ran like a dream. Surprisingly he also had a black and white side mounted numberplate despite it being on a 64 number, he had ever been pulled either? Footpegs I had fitted as daughter who is 9 is itching to get on the back. I have also an ergonomic rear pillion seat that moulds into the solo seat in the garage in preparation for taking her out on it. Cleaning I use either Autoglym car shampoo or shower gel as there is no salt in either, I do not soak the entire bike but concentrate my efforts and go round the dirty areas with a fine paintbrush and loads of WD40 afterwards and wipe down with a soft glass-cleaning cloth and Mer wax the paintwork.
    Last edited by K9F; 12-28-2015 at 05:43 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    2012 Dyna Switchback
    I'm a big Sporty fan. Had a couple of Sporties myself in the past! Great looking bike you have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dynagirl For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thanks DG. The handiest feature for me I find is the digital gear/rpm readout on the clock. Downside is that the fuel light seems to illuminate after about 50 miles, need to read up how much fuel I actually have left when this occurs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

Banned
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    i would love a gear / rev indicator,, i have no idea how fast mine is reving or how much it should rev, or sometimes what gear i am in !!!,, very disconcerning !!!,, it seems the new model has a few useful improvements over the older one,

My Ride
    05 H-D Dyna FXDCI
    So today I gave my bike a little clean and polish didnt get to finish it tho weather decided it didnt want to play ball.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smithy For This Useful Post:

Argyll (03-25-2017), bluenose-1956 (02-01-2016)

Banned
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    just a little look ,, and admire

My Ride
    05 H-D Dyna FXDCI
    Meh last night I had to take my Harley out in the rain, because my dear old mothers moped had broken down in Oulton Broad. A bloke across the street where mother had broken down popped out to see if she was ok her battery was flat so he asked mother if she wanted to leave her bike in his garden for the night he even took the battery off to charge it I thought that was decent of him until he turns round and says dont leave your Harley out in the rain too long it may dissolve turns out he was a fellow biker but was more into crotch rockets than Harleys, each to their own anyway took mother home and that was an end to cold rainy miserable evening.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Smithy For This Useful Post: