Page 282 of 287 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2869
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Run round Fife today, getting stuff done i needed to. Photos printed, picking up tattoo crew etc. Ended up up at Cove later in the day, for lunch. Nice to be out on the bike.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster
    Is that the 1050 motor
    I love my 1050 speed triple good for nice sedate runs or screw the nuts of it depends how you feel works 100% both ways

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Is that the 1050 motor
    I love my 1050 speed triple good for nice sedate runs or screw the nuts of it depends how you feel works 100% both ways
    Hi Davie

No...this is one of Triumphs most recent creations (well, designed in 2012) and designed from the ground up especially for that bike. It's a monster 1215CC triple.

I'm told that the torque curve is very flat, developing 74ft-lbs from a shade over 2000RPM rising to 89ft-lbs at around 6200RPM. Red line is 10,000 but since it makes max power in the high 6000's (all 135BHP of it) there's little point in revving it harder. They could have ended up with an engine tuned for monster power (like the KTM 1290SA) but decided that great gobfulls of torque from walking pace was what this machine should be about. Consequently, it's almost as quick to the 60mph sprint as you'd expect most sportsbikes to be (3 seconds...tested) and quarter mile drag for such a large beast (250kg) is an impressive 11.2 seconds. It probably has too much grunt for off-road work but I'm in the camp which says "you can never have too much grunt"!

There's a really useful review on it here:

I take delivery on mine on Monday. I'll post a few pictures when I have the chance to next week and post my thoughts compare with the Harley in terms of touring ability and riding but they're chalk and cheese except that they both develop loads of torque where you need it most. That's the sort of bike I like these days...not interested in screaming the whatsits off an engine for huge power but sacrificing low down stomp.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Just got home from an eventful 10 days tour, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, France and Belgium. Including a 2.2 mile off road excursion in a wood (low rider s not the best ride to do it on!!) and then the bike wouldn't start in the queue for the channel tunnel to come home!!!
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    Just got home from an eventful 10 days tour, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, France and Belgium. Including a 2.2 mile off road excursion in a wood (low rider s not the best ride to do it on!!) and then the bike wouldn't start in the queue for the channel tunnel to come home!!!
    Hope eventful equates to good. We flew into Prague, thought it was a beautiful city. The event was pretty awsome, with the only downside being the majority of music not being to my tastes.
    FTW )

My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Hope you really enjoy your Trumpet BB! I didn't have the hassle you had with your Harley but I understand why you'd be hacked off. Now I'm back driving after my HA, some of my family have been on at me to enjoy what life I may have left so I bought this 3 weeks ago! Keeping the Iron as two mates have them and we enjoy riding together as I'm lucky to be able to afford it at the moment! Like you I'm heading to those Welsh roads at some point too.

image.jpg

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Great bike, I hope you enjoy it...good too that you can hang on to the Iron too. Mine lands Monday and looking forward to taking it out. Lets hope the weather stays kind to us for Wales!

My Ride
    Went up with the missus to Brechin's Harley Davidson in the Town for the first time. Not a bad event, decent ride out numbers and a good turnout of folks. Events a bit like a cross between a village fete and a bike event.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Went up with the missus to Brechin's Harley Davidson in the Town for the first time. Not a bad event, decent ride out numbers and a good turnout of folks. Events a bit like a cross between a village fete and a bike event.
    I ended up missing it....seen pictures of it on friends FB page..looked a lovely day...most I done was a trip down to my mothers on my bike very early this morning to check on her and will probably go for a spin on the bike this evening but other half has me stappit < Scots word for stuffed > from a massive dinner so need to digest a bit first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    I ended up missing it....seen pictures of it on friends FB page..looked a lovely day...most I done was a trip down to my mothers on my bike very early this morning to check on her and will probably go for a spin on the bike this evening but other half has me stappit < Scots word for stuffed > from a massive dinner so need to digest a bit first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It was nice cause the weather was good. It's a 2day event, so you could go up tomorrow. Think there's a bike show on tomorrow. You'll have worked of stuffing your face by then
    FTW )